Time to Show YOUR GOODIES!

Adrean

Very nice Jintu. Can I ask, <a> are those lighting fixtures in the CA library - or did you import?...<b> is that the new Lumion HD render engine?

Thanks Johnny,

This rendering is from the new Lumion pro.

I made the wall light fixture, the pendent candelabra is from Chief's library (I increased the size).

post-121-0-48366400-1451448395_thumb.jpg

Very subtle signage Yusuf. :D

Here is a bit of reno work.

jon.

Hey Jon, I am not advanced in understanding such big words, honestly speaking I need some one's help to get it, what it means "subtle signage" but I know Jon is kind and I take it as kind words, so thanks.

Regarding the later I was just experimenting in chief RT and the second image is just a mode of photo editor software in my smart phone. I don't know what reno works is.

Jon, your works are always fantastic!! really nice one.

Been working on improving my walk-throughs a little.   Modeled in Chief and using Lumion for walk-though.

It does come down to very small things that begin to make a large difference after a while. 

Really got the flooring properties tweaked better in this one.  Still have not detailed master bath too much yet.  (eg vanities / fixtures....etc).  Just working on bits.

Hey Jon, I am not advanced in understanding such big words, honestly speaking I need some one's help to get it, what it means "subtle signage" but I know Jon is kind and I take it as kind words, so thanks.

Regarding the later I was just experimenting in chief RT and the second image is just a mode of photo editor software in my smart phone. I don't know what reno works is.

Jon, your works are always fantastic!! really nice one.

Yusuf, I think Jon was being "facetious" about the signage. Now I guess I need to explain facetious.... It's a tongue-in-cheek comment..... Tongue-in-cheek means kidding. OK, I think I got through that OK. :)  

So Jon was kidding, AKA (also known as) facetious or tongue-in-cheek. My reading of the comment is that he was ribbing you (see facetious) about the size of the sign being "over-the-top" or large. Over-the-top, means going beyond what is "normal" or expected.....

Now the easy one...... Reno is short for Renovation, in Americ-Speak (Americ-speak is not any known or recognized term, but rather something I just made up, as in how Americans Speak, or slang.

Yusuf, now you need to know that I'm just joking (above) and this is not in any way personal. It's my nature to be a smart arse.  

Jintu, your website is outstanding and you do excellent work, as well as others on this thread. My background is mainly aircraft design where we have similar rendering capability especially in cockpits and occupied cabins but, I was never part of that interior sales group. It makes me wonder about this "digital art" I'll call it and how clients react when they see gorgeous digital art and then it does not appear to be what they were lead to believe when the building is complete?

Reminds me of where TV monitors have taken us to a point it's not real anymore, looks like a PC game in resolution, even the acting is mostly computers. The movie theaters have become a digital fantasy, then reality hits. How much further can or will we take it? 

Seems to me designers are putting so much time into pretty pics/vids that should go into a store front art gallery and/or be sold as many are. That to me is what this has become, art, like old school hand paintings but PC based. Please don't get me wrong, I respect the talent. In my mind, as much as I would like to gain the skill set if did not take too much time, but, the more I think about it I'd much rather be a part of bettering the way we build buildings especially in America where there is much room for improvements. I guess everyone does what they enjoy. I just hope people don't believe that the best building designers are the ones with the best digital art. 

Jintu, I think you have done a great job at keeping most of what is on your site real looking. I had a hard time telling the difference but I'm not a trained eye. 

Nice work everyone, very interesting thread.  

• Upvote 1

My experience has been the opposite of what you are saying.  In that as soon as a customer sees something with enough quality and detail that they can see it as real, then they get very interested in the design.  The next thing that I hear is that they want to be sure that what they  are seeing on the screen is in fact what will actually be built.

The rub comes when the art, as you put it, does not align with the reality of the construction.  A customer that knows what they want, and has the tools available to ensure that all stakeholders are aware of it, will be in the drivers seat.  IMO this is how it should be, and from what I have seen so far, customers are willing to pay for this option.

...It makes me wonder about this "digital art" I'll call it and how clients react when they see gorgeous digital art and then it does not appear to be what they were lead to believe when the building is complete?...  

Professionals understand their audience and manage expectations accordingly.

jon

• Upvote 1

Professionals understand their audience and manage expectations accordingly.

jon

Just got home to an invoice from our attorney going after a client that has failed to pay and we are pro's. Sometimes no matter what you do and no matter how hard you try, some people will have unreal expectations and are NEVER satisfied, or fail to pay per contract. I'll take caution to not misrepresent, in some areas of this sue happy nation we live in people will use anything they can against us in court. I think the way to safely manage expectations is to be careful what you put in the public eye. I'll probably have my attorney add some verbiage to our contract that renderings are for illustration purposes only, etc.....If you are finding that a verbal explanation is needed, that the render may look better than the real build, then perhaps the rendering has gone too far. Just my .02. 

Terry,

I appreciate your insight but as Jon said, we have to understand our audience (or in my case, my clients' wishes). My services now is mainly all about renderings. (I have clients worldwide) Though I am an architect by profession, I have been focusing my line of work helping other architectural firms with what they can't possibly do,  I completely understand you. Many thanks.

• Upvote 2

My first interior walkthru with Lumion 6, a sneak peek, hope you like it.

Very nice!  What texture are you using for your stainless?   Are you using your own or one of lumion's metals.   I have been having trouble finding the right look for stainless for some time.

Mind sharing what you are using?

There is no SS texture in Lumon so I use silver, upped the reflections and lowered gloss a bit.

I call it stainless but it is a brushed metal.   I colorize it to lighten and then play with gloss and reflective qualities.  I have had decent results with it....but it still needs work.

Here is a still of it applied to the appliances.   You can see the bump map in it and I have it scaled way up and relief turned up high.   It is fussy though and I still need to tweak it more.  I might need to make my own bump with a very fine grain texture. 

post-3615-0-00071700-1451860772_thumb.jpg