Time to Show YOUR GOODIES!

Adrean

I bought the book a while back myself.  A lot of it has to do with telling a story that appeals to your audience through staging and camera wotk.  My experience has been that clients have a rather short attention span, even when it involves something of interest to them, such as their own home.  Anything that helps in this regard is important, and I do  find the book to be very helpful even if the title is a bit harsh.  Thanks for sharing your efforts with us.

This is still the best Lumion produced animation I've seen (no CA in their workflow).  Short clips, good transitions. the appearance that the subject is moving as well as the camera.

https://youtu.be/qSYYDuHWDlU

jon

Not so fast Jon. :D

Most part were rendered in vray,

From the poster on Evermotion: "Rendered in Vray - only shots from 0:55-1:09 made in Lumion Ultimate software."

Ok, most of the previous one--all of this one is pure Lumion...

https://youtu.be/8vzCIJLB6n8

My statement was more of style.  The "director" needs to compose the scene; keep the clips short and cogent to the story or ideas being communicated.  You over shoot clips by length and volume then assemble in whatever editing software being used.

I've seen some fairly valiant efforts from CT users who have taken the time to learn basic filmmaking skills.  Even using simple tools such as Microsoft Movie Maker, they get some reasonable results.  The onecontiousmotionweavingandbobbinginandoutmakesaboutasmuschsenseasthisphrase, so don't do it and expect viewers to enjoy it.  Take a day, or better yet, take a class.  Get some knowledge and skill. Then, try again. 

I know we've had this discussion before on CA.  In the archives perhaps?  Too lazy to look.

jon

My statement was more of style.  The "director" needs to compose the scene; keep the clips short and cogent to the story or ideas being communicated.  You over shoot clips by length and volume then assemble in whatever editing software being used.

I disagree completely.   You have to know your intended audience.   For a "promo" type or sales vid.....I agree completely.   Much like a movie trailer....constantly moving shots, lots of transitions etc.   Creating something of visual interest that is exciting.

Now....working with clients to give them a true "feel" for their deisgn....the video is MUCH longer and not nearly as 'exciting'.   It cant be...   They need time to get comfortable and flow through the spaces.  Jumping from one scene to another keeps peoples attention who are not invested in your project.   A homeowners attention is focused and the WANT the long boring video.   They want to move slowly through...and are never yawning or becoming disinterested.   In fact, they usually go back and play them over and over.....sometimes pausing at parts to look even longer.

Again....it is all about knowing your audience.

• Upvote 1

I agree 100%--Know your audience.  And, I'll expound on that; match your medium to audience and task.  I doubt a custom Lumion video is the best medium for the tasks Justin describes.  But, then again, properly paced?  Who knows. 

If you look at the Lumion YouTube page, there are some good examples of slow tempo architectural videos (most are way to long for may taste).  If I were presenting slow vids to a client, they would be segmented by room/area to allow the client to quickly review the living room, or master suite, etc., etc.  One long rambling video without cuts and transitions--personally, it makes me dizzy and a but sick to my stomache.

Hey, whatever works for you is good.

jon

Modeled and executed in Chief X7 and Rendered In Lumion 5.3 Pro

Putting all the discussion regarding the video, and the presentation technique aside, this is a great design. It was a joy to watch!

• Upvote 1

I've had limited success with FotoSketcher.  But Jintu inspired me to give 3.0 a try.  Here is CA out to PS, blurs and levels in PS out to FS, Vintage OOB in FS back out to PS, Multiply blend of FS over original PS edits.  I kind of dig it.

jon

post-52-0-57111400-1434324971_thumb.jpg

I disagree completely.   You have to know your intended audience.   For a "promo" type or sales vid.....I agree completely.   Much like a movie trailer....constantly moving shots, lots of transitions etc.   Creating something of visual interest that is exciting.

Now....working with clients to give them a true "feel" for their deisgn....the video is MUCH longer and not nearly as 'exciting'.   It cant be...   They need time to get comfortable and flow through the spaces.  Jumping from one scene to another keeps peoples attention who are not invested in your project.   A homeowners attention is focused and the WANT the long boring video.   They want to move slowly through...and are never yawning or becoming disinterested.   In fact, they usually go back and play them over and over.....sometimes pausing at parts to look even longer.

Again....it is all about knowing your audience.

Agreed... 

Putting all the discussion regarding the video, and the presentation technique aside, this is a great design. It was a joy to watch!

Thank you, I'm about to finish the next project and will be expanding a little more time on the presentation... Hopefully it will flow better and please a wider audience :)

I share a little something I have been working on.   Model still "rough" but honing it in.   Could not wait to see what it would look like rendered, so I ran these quick shots.   Still lots of stuff to do....even tweeking colors/textures/bumps/lighting. (fixing landscaping coming in the front wall ;) )

Guess I have to finish the design first!

I share a little something I have been working on.   Model still "rough" but honing it in.   Could not wait to see what it would look like rendered, so I ran these quick shots.   Still lots of stuff to do....even tweeking colors/textures/bumps/lighting. (fixing landscaping coming in the front wall ;) )

Guess I have to finish the design first!

I like the direction you are going (love the island) what software did you render the video on?

I like the direction you are going (love the island) what software did you render the video on?

Drawn in Chief, imported into Lumion.

Believe it or not, I have only been working on it about a 3-4 days.  I went through a drawing binge the first few days.   This other (and long uncut ;) ) vid shows the initial concept.  (as well as outdoor/indoor flow which is the highlight of the home)  I have been steadily cleaning up things and bringing into more focus when time allows.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...