Time to Show YOUR GOODIES!

Adrean

Working one of the new X7 features into the workflow--transparent backgrounds in exported images.  I used both ray trace and a standard camera view of the same shot.  My goal was an almost primitive atop a textured/distressed sky.

jon

Looks like something from a Wes Anderson movie. I like it.

• 2 weeks later...

I am a long time Chief user.   I have been playing with some ideas to get more value out or drawing for builders and started learning to put together some videos combing rendering and walk-thru's.   

Using several different things in the process.....   I never did really clean up the plans, (cab layout...etc).   I am also getting "z-fighting" on my undermout sink. I only spent about an hour 'decorating'....but I can see how building a seperate library just for this purpose would speed the process greatly.  This is my first attempt at it.

X7 RT

-Photon mapping and caustics on.

- Ambient light color: light yellow-orange

-No environment light

-ambient occlusion:

min intensity: 0.1

max intensity: 1.0

- Direct sunlight: 4

- No roof just basement and second floors

About 16-20 passes.

post-121-0-82217000-1423672223_thumb.jpg

Justin,

Is Lumion one of the products you are using?  Personally I do not like/find value in the floor plan shots.

I think they take away from the presentation.  I would keep it all movie/renderings. My .02.  ;o)

On 2nd look I think I would brighten up the crown just a touch to help it stand out.  Nit-picking......

Here are some recent renders with the tips from the John Caffee workshop.

The project is an outbuilding/playhouse/treehouse/garden shed that is to replace a deteriorated garage.

I like the hand drawings in the background. I would not of thought of that. The white vignetting is nice too.