Time to Show YOUR GOODIES!

Adrean

More art-o-matic.  This is a much simpler technique, using only four layers in Photoshop. 

1. CA Lineart as an Overlay w/33% opacity and 83% fill
  2. Alien Skin Exposure 6 set as Kodak Kodachrome 25(Sharp) slide film on a Difference Layer 24% opacity and 100% fill
  3. Alien Skin Bokeh 2 w/two different blur regions and square, white vignette set on a Normal Layer 100%/100%
  4. CA Raytrace (The base image that feeds into the processors above)

And yes Scott, I'd be more than happy to participate in a meeting to discuss post production of CA generated imagery.

jon

post-52-0-59718900-1417803123_thumb.jpg

And yes Scott, I'd be more than happy to participate in a meeting to discuss post production of CA generated imagery.

jon

My gosh Jon,  it would be an honor to have you join a WORKSHOP to share your thoughts on post production.  I truly appreciate your time on this Jon.  I will plan on setting up a Saturday  Workshop on a Saturday in January at 6:00 am PST.  Since you will be the host of honor and if this time does not work for you,  please give me another time that might work better for you.  I think there will be a lot of other users who would really appreciate some of your expertise.

Thanks so much for your offer.

Hi everyone! Haven't been around CT much in awhile, but I'm glad to see this old thread had been resurrected again.

I can't figure out how to post images from my phone, but you can see some of my recent stuff in the slideshow on my homepage: http://castleview3d.com

I'll create a portfolio or post some other images soon.

Kathleen

• 2 weeks later...

I'm assuming you're playing with the focal blur intentionally here? Not sure it works for these traces though. Also, what is the dot of light in the cabinet first image? Oh, and what is the wall material in both images? Looks like a really rough concrete or something, but can't tell.

That's nice Rich. I tried to do some mechanical pipes once and found it was difficult to get all the pieces aligned. Where did you get the 90's and T's, and how did you align the pieces?

I found the fittings on 3D Warehouse under pipe fittings.

They had several sizes and included alignment marks

which they claimed would facilitate making the connections.

It all looked good on paper but when I imported the symbols

they wouldn't perform as advertised. It took a lot of blood,

sweat and tears and lots of tweaking X, Y & Z coordinates

to line things up. Luckily I only had to do one branch and

then mirror it to the other side or I might still be pecking

away. I don't know what the deal with 3D Warehouse is.

Everybody says go there and every time I do I have some

type of problem with the imported symbols. I think it's about

time I take the bull by the horns and put some serious study

into rolling my own.