Time to Show YOUR GOODIES!

Adrean

Here is my shot. A bathroom that was fun to design! All raytraced in chief, each image took about 6-7 minutes

Is there a way to upload multiple images? I could only do one at a time.

https://chieftalk.chiefarchitect.com/index.php?/gallery/album/56-master-bathroom/

Nice job JP. Is that travertine material a seamless image and where did you get it, can I get a copy?

Now you need to put in some furnishings to make it pop.u

You can post more images by using the MORE REPLY OPTIONS button, I think 5 images max.

floor--Daltile Carrara Gioia M702 stretched to 48x48

wall--Daltile Carrara White CD M701 24x24

glass--Daltile Black SR62

basket weave (attached)

shower floor/ceiling (attached)

Thanks Scott!

As for the upload, I was referring to the album.  I had upload each image individually.

And for the color, I tend to agree.  Another version introduced more color to the room, but the client liked that it almost looks like a black and white photo (aside from the water and backdrop)

post-135-0-66180000-1403174279_thumb.jpg

post-135-0-56624000-1403174287_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Here is my latest entry in CA's Pool design contest.

In paying homage to the great M. C. Escher I have

created a self-filling pool. The secret is all in your

point of view. B)

post-126-0-55692700-1404891208_thumb.png

• Upvote 2

I know it will destroy the magic, but would you mind to post another rendering from another POV after the contest?

So… you want me to spill the beans (as we say over here).

Such a simple yet powerful illusion. Think about it. All the

walls are exactly the same height (count the bricks). They

are not tapered or skewed in any way and all of the corners

are at exactly 90°. All the surfaces of the water (save for the

waterfall) are perfectly level. How can that be?...... :huh: :wacko:  :blink:  

All the distortion is in your mind……with the help of a little

embellishment with PSP.

post-126-0-75418000-1405317901_thumb.png

post-126-0-44471100-1405317938_thumb.png

Here's a couple renders to share.  All modelling completed in CA X6 except the bedding....and about 4 pillows.

Also a video of a home model, again all modelling in CA X5 and library with exception of bedding and pillows.

I welcome comments to quality and suggested improvements to video.

Hi Jim,

Glad you liked it. 

The video uses a 3rd party software....and A LOT of computing power. :)

Very polished piece of work. I did a walk through for a commercial dance studio for the owner via the contractor. I used Windows Movie Maker so the quality wasn't there. The owners were pretty impressed and had it running on a computer during their class sign ups just prior to construction. About all I got out of it was a lot of experimentation and some money that did not equate. 

Barton, I use a plethora of softwares to get this to a video stage...the limited vertex export function out of CA causes me a bit of grief such that I require alternative solutions to high poly count items.

I did just update the video to remove one poor quality clip of the mstr bedroom and bath and put in 5 higher pixel count renders to behave better while using the zoom.  I think it looks nicer now....

The other video I have up on you tube Jim is using CA walkthrough and Windows movie maker.  Much poorer quality in my view....although my client was ecstatic.  He loved the Spanish signs in the structure.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Thanks Alan and Dennis.

Alan, I'm not positive on the FOV angle.  This was done in Thea, and my resolution was set to 2000x1000.  I've found that's a nicer look all around.

I really need to start doing Thea more. Seems silly to have it and the RT's are awesome, as seen in Jonathan's example

Still working on that kitchen, thanks for the feedback. Didn't notice the floors as I'm used to living in old houses where the wood floors are beat to (blank) and are definitely not shiny. I also since changed the back splash to small grey tiles. Good catch on the counter tops too, as granite is very shiny, but these are actually supposed to be laminate with edge molding.