Time to Show YOUR GOODIES!

Adrean

Always inspired by the great work here and also a bit confused by the terminology. Are we 'Rendering' or 'RayTracing'? A little of both? And Physical Based 'Renderings' thrown in for good measure? Love all the work but if I need to create something stunning as you all have done am I RayTracing? ..or rendering...

• 2 months later...
16 hours ago, johnny said:

Tract homes for a builder.  Designed in Chief - rendered in Lumion.

madrona_150dpi.jpg

sequoia_traditional_150dpi.jpg

Best rendering I've seen from you and team, very sharp...I may need to work in lumion again as Thea seems to be dying. Does lujion use grfx and CPU conjointly yet?

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Ridge_Runner said:

Nice, Johnny. Are the 3D plants and trees from Lumion? Good presentation style. I like your choice of "less is more" for the foundation plantings. So many want to sow "plastic" flowers everywhere to the point it looks like a nursery instead of a home. :)

Thanks - yes, the trees and plants are from Lumion.  

6 hours ago, Renerabbitt said:

Best rendering I've seen from you and team, very sharp...I may need to work in lumion again as Thea seems to be dying. Does lujion use grfx and CPU conjointly yet?

Thanks!  Lumion is really improving with each release and getting better all the time.  Lumion is using both CPU and Graphics card, but I don't know the ratio to give you on importance.  My guess is graphics card.

• 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, ericepv said:

Limitless, these look really nice! I'd like to see how they look as ray-traces.

I'll give it a try later on, thing is, as I previously have mentioned I lost the patience for ray tracing, at almost 4k resolution the image takes ages....but as said, I'll try to make some time and give it a whirl in HD and see how it comes out.  Need to re-remember the material definitions for ray trace vs PBR ::) 

28 minutes ago, robdyck said:

A recent project; All PBR

EXTFRONT2.thumb.jpg.3e4582866533fddf5366c0ff7117c7d3.jpgEXTREAR2.thumb.jpg.ed1b02ef95e46becda482a5a69d3201b.jpgimage.thumb.png.4a74a08060c874fe82f6fb9ea0e8775f.pngimage.thumb.png.0f631a636b0da50cd2721a1b64f32d07.pngimage.thumb.png.e82d36a1b3fe91a0e55a5b32b636e671.png

Looks good Rob , are the Window reflections all automatic/CA or did you need to add those?

in the last pic it looks as if CA automatic Room light is still on even though you have recessed lights in there , are they actually on? (which should disable the auto-light)

M.

21 hours ago, Kbird1 said:

Looks good Rob , are the Window reflections all automatic/CA or did you need to add those?

in the last pic it looks as if CA automatic Room light is still on even though you have recessed lights in there , are they actually on? (which should disable the auto-light)

The window reflections are all my own trickery; my own glass material with a texture applied.

Re: lighting; that's a good question. I had an "added light" in the room which was still on. I place one in each room because I don't usually show any light fixtures. Later, I threw in the recessed lights to show the client.

8 hours ago, robdyck said:

The window reflections are all my own trickery; my own glass material with a texture applied.

Thought that might be the case as I had not noticed Reflections of Clouds etc myself in PBR, nice touch though.

It is likely just the Added light causing the "hot-spot" on the Ceiling then....

M.