Time to Show YOUR GOODIES!

Adrean

1 minute ago, SabGroup said:

I rendered this in Lumion. If you want my Lumion settings I can check what my settings were.

Had a feeling it was too good to be true for Chief :)  But still yes, do share the settings if you can.  I hope chief decides to up it's game with the rendering engine.

On 2/28/2018 at 12:32 PM, dr0591 said:

Hi all!  I haven't shared anything here for awhile, so thought I'd post a couple of recent modeling/rendering projects -- two kitchens and a storage building. 

All were modeled in Chief (X9 and X10), including some of the furniture and lighting fixtures.  Rendering was done in Thea, with slight post adjustments in Photoshop. The storage building was photoshopped into the client's site photo, since the Nantucket planning board was concerned about how the building would affect the local streetscape.

kitchen view west FINAL.jpg

SE view photo merge rev building 021218 - FINAL APPROVED.jpg

kitchen-v3-022718.jpg

Stunning as always. What is the name of the grey paint color in the 3rd pic? I love it!

The funny thing about rendering is how much an impact the landscaping can have on the realism of a given scene.  Learning to blend those elements can add a great deal to the impact of a rendering.

These below were renderings done in Chief 9.5  (NOT X9)

I photochopped the landscaping out of the real pics and did a rendering of the home from the point of view of the photo.

rendering 2 reality 2.jpg

rendering 2 reality1.jpg

14 minutes ago, VisualDandD said:

Awesome work, that's gotta feel so good to get it so close to reality.

Here's a budget rough conceptual render I just did for a designer. 5 hours on terrain/pavement/curbs/etc, 1-1/2 hour setting up the render settings for all future renders and additional imported items, and 1/2 hour rendering.

Not realistic, but good enough :)

TEST_RENDER_1.thumb.png.507570f1fe80dd17892e187a1a9ce2d8.png

1 hour ago, Renerabbitt said:

Awesome work, that's gotta feel so good to get it so close to reality.

Thanks man.  You might have missed it, but that was done about 10 years ago.   Was just using it as an example of how much landscape adds to the realism of the render. 

Your stuff is awesome by the way.  I can get good looking renderings, but I spend WAAAAY too much time to get there.  In the end, I cant justify doing it in most cases.  I can definitely appreciate when you see a guy who has that part dialed in!   Nice work. 

19 hours ago, Jay_on_Cape said:

Eric,  Where did you import those textures from?

Jay:

Materials and textures can really make a big difference in the overall look of a rendering.I frequently use my own textures since some of the ones in Chief's library look just a bit too perfect to be realistic. I have quite a few libraries that I draw from so I'm not sure which one I got the grass from but the mulch I just pulled from Bing Images. I've attached them both.

Eric

Thick Debris-01.JPG

GrassGreenTexture0001.jpg

21 hours ago, VisualDandD said:

Thanks man.  You might have missed it, but that was done about 10 years ago.   Was just using it as an example of how much landscape adds to the realism of the render. 

Your stuff is awesome by the way.  I can get good looking renderings, but I spend WAAAAY too much time to get there.  In the end, I cant justify doing it in most cases.  I can definitely appreciate when you see a guy who has that part dialed in!   Nice work. 

What a great compliment to get. I love hearing that.

first two renders I ever did was about 12 years ago...and man did it take me FOREVER! Like 2 weeks and a month respectively. Both in chiefs ray trace and I was too stubborn to

ask for help.

I wasn’t getting paid or I would’ve likely been canned. The second one went through 14 redesigns as it was just a fictitious and completely unrealistic conceptual living room

749CB8FA-4023-4ED5-9E1E-8D5045338253.thumb.jpeg.94b76fc80ba15074c20650d385c759d0.jpeg078E34E4-E420-4480-B35B-47D5D3EAD418.thumb.jpeg.be783124dfd9bda38fefdc7bd79e06a5.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Renerabbitt said:

What a great compliment to get. I love hearing that.

first two renders I ever did was about 12 years ago. 

Wow....those stand the test of time for sure.   Really nice work and just shows how the 'tools' have been there to output some really nice stuff for some time.   That living room is very nicely done!

4 hours ago, Chrisb222 said:

Fantastic! Very interesting and lovely design and decorating, super photorealistic, simply a pleasure to view.

Thank you, I ran it through Thea a few years ago without changing a thing just to see what details would pop up missing. Obviously some funny details here and there but still happy with the overall feel..funny to see it change and see mistakes..one of these days I’ll pump some more hours into it

506DBB90-46A0-4D3F-97E1-5D3EDE0D82DF.thumb.png.ac9f2839dcce13836213b563d5aa9829.png

• Like 1

On 3/30/2018 at 1:38 PM, Rosco2017 said:

Stunning as always. What is the name of the grey paint color in the 3rd pic? I love it!

Sorry, it took me awhile to get back to this file and look up the name of the paint color.  It's Benjamin Moore OC-27 Balboa Mist.  

kitchen-v3-022718.jpg

Thanks for the compliment.  :-)

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Was just playing around to see what could be accomplished using the 3D Moulding Line tool.

These are the elements created with this one tool.

- Perimeter Soffit Valance & Accent light.

- Roof Trusses

- Sprinkler System

- HVAC

- I Beams & Columns

- Display Railings, Lower Column Surrounds, Seating Area, Back Corner Screens

5ae49e0cdfdec_CityViewMotor_1a.thumb.jpg.d08be85ade8f0b586a725dfd8ce54667.jpg

5ae49e0dcefdc_CityViewMotor_1b.thumb.jpg.ea1d8a374c99078bbcd4d0db7dd656d3.jpg

5ae49e0f0b347_CityViewMotor_1c.thumb.jpg.59012ba09c3d51bbdedaa53ae14290f5.jpg

I will share a link to a VR capable virtual 360 tour.  This first floor renovation was completed in Chief X9.  The contractor handed out pics to his "guys" and said we need to make it like this...using renders and the Virtual Tour.  I had a friend in the kitchen last week with the tour opened up on an iPad and he wasn't sure if he was looking at a photo or the real thing.

Click here for tour

Click on the purple "flowers" in the tour to navigate from room to room.

Kind fun.  The living room furniture models are Ikea models or I modelled them myself...exact carpet on the floor.

Comments welcome.

• Like 1

Thank you! :)

I just used the default Stucco-6 wall type for those walls. Not sure what that default thickness is set to off hand.

2 hours ago, ACADuser said:

Man that looks nice.

May I ask how you handled the wall surface overhang at the foundation?

Did you use a very thick outer layer for the wall?

• 3 months later...

I’ve been goofing around creating a coat of arms for my

nephew to be, Jayden (expected at the end of the month).

It turned out pretty cool so I thought I would share it. A pair of

combative corvids seemed appropriate for a kid named Jay.

But Rich, you say, how is this Chief related?

Easy, Jay is a charter member of the Chief F.U.G. (Future User’s Group). ;)

Shield-Test-10-Square-2_zpscswshusj.png

• 2 weeks later...