Time to Show YOUR GOODIES!

Adrean

4 minutes ago, johnny said:

Nice work Graham.

Thanks Johnny,

Things are starting to congeal quite well as I nail things down. In this set I just dropped in the lights from the previous set and set the Ray Trace parameters the same. The resulting look is very similar. There are no significant changes to the materials, 99% of them are as per their default settings.

Thanks once again

3 hours ago, kMoquin said:

Graham -

nice work

Your materials look great!

Thanks Kevin. Just about all of the materials are per their default settings from the CA library. If I recall I added a bump map to the carpet and ledger stone on the fireplace. The floor is standard polished finish. The only other material alteration was the sofa, just boosted the specular. I've found that under the right lighting conditions that most of the materials render reasonably well at their defaults.

If anyone likes a trend of modern farmhouses and barns this is a project for a young bull-rider who's been winning and winning - but wanted something small, modern, and yet something that held to his roots of "farm" living.  Designed in Chief but rendered in Lumion.

modern_barn.jpg

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, johnny said:

If anyone likes a trend of modern farmhouses and barns this is a project for a young bull-rider who's been winning and winning - but wanted something small, modern, and yet something that held to his roots of "farm" living.  Designed in Chief but rendered in Lumion.

modern_barn.jpg

NICE

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎10‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 9:55 PM, johnny said:

modern_barn.jpg

Absolutely Stunning! Which Version of Lumion?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, johnny said:

Thanks.  Actually that is version 6....

Very nice! You’ve provided a great example of what can be achieved. I’m only now focusing on learning the features and capability version 6 ( assume you too have Pro). I’ll upgrade to 8 from here but that will be down the road.

it really is so much more intuitive than Chief’s RT. Brightman Designs has some of the best free tutorials I have found. Michael takes his time to really explains it well.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, mrscott said:

Very nice! You’ve provided a great example of what can be achieved. I’m only now focusing on learning the features and capability version 6 ( assume you too have Pro). I’ll upgrade to 8 from here but that will be down the road.

it really is so much more intuitive than Chief’s RT. Brightman Designs has some of the best free tutorials I have found. Michael takes his time to really explains it well.

I agree....im not a fan of Chief RT.  However, with 3rd party tools getting as sophisticated as they are I am not sure Chief needs much else...in 5 years I believe most people who still use in-app render tools will migrate over to using those 3rd party offerings.

11 minutes ago, johnny said:

I agree....im not a fan of Chief RT.  However, with 3rd party tools getting as sophisticated as they are I am not sure Chief needs much else...in 5 years I believe most people who still use in-app render tools will migrate over to using those 3rd party offerings.

I’m certain I have no idea what is driving their decision to tie up Engineers on RT enhancements when they could probably get a license to use any number of existing RT engines on the market, Unreal is free to developers now. I do like the improvements I see with Physics Based Render for planning views but the RT process, although powerful is the right hands, does not compare to Lumion’s ease of use and flexibilty. I agree with you more time should be spent on the designing elements of the core program.

• 2 months later...

The only real changes I made to the default was to turn off Bloom and reduce the Ambient Occlusion to about 60%.  I have found that the sunlight is way too bright until I reduce it down to about 2000 Lux.  In some scenes, I have had to reduce it down to as low as 500 lux.  Checking the "Improve Lighting Quality" box in the Rendering Technique Options DBX makes a big difference in getting rid of the green tint.  Remember to also up the number of lights in the scene to make sure all of the lights you have on show up.  The Default is to just show 8 lights.  

Physical Based Rendering Settings 2.JPG

Physical Based Rendering Settings 3.JPG

Physical Based Rendering Settings.JPG

• Upvote 1