Time to Show YOUR GOODIES!

Adrean

No offense taken; and I'm a he for further reference.

​Could they be better I think so of course. As mentioned, question is what to do modify in the trace themselves to make it better and more realistic. 

​As for interior decorating and all, well that's a very subjective matter, one man's trash is another man's treasure.  I think the key point is as was mentioned, what can be modified in the trace settings/lighting/materials that could produce better results.

limitless8 - As someone who does a lot of Ray-Traces, I can tell you that one of the most important things in achieving a great image is lighting. Once you learn how to properly light a space and also understand the function of the various settings and how to manipulate them, you'll start getting very impressive results.This video from Chief's Knowledge Base https://www.chiefarchitect.com/videos/watch/1909/ray-tracing-tips-and-techniques.html?playlist=103 is well worth watching. It is a great tutorial as it covers the most important steps to creating a great ray-trace image.

Eric

limitless8 - As someone who does a lot of Ray-Traces, I can tell you that one of the most important things in achieving a great image is lighting. Once you learn how to properly light a space and also understand the function of the various settings and how to manipulate them, you'll start getting very impressive results.This video from Chief's Knowledge Base https://www.chiefarchitect.com/videos/watch/1909/ray-tracing-tips-and-techniques.html?playlist=103 is well worth watching. It is a great tutorial as it covers the most important steps to creating a great ray-trace image.

Eric

Eric Thank you very much for the link, tomorrow going to take the time and have a look, thanks for your help!

limitless8 - This video was very helpful to me when I was starting to learn ray-tracing. Please re-post your renderings after you have applied what you learn in the video, I'm sure we would all like to see the results.

Eric

limitless8 - This video was very helpful to me when I was starting to learn ray-tracing. Please re-post your renderings after you have applied what you learn in the video, I'm sure we would all like to see the results.

Eric

This tutorial video should be in a sticky thread. (Tips and Trick perhaps?)  https://www.chiefarchitect.com/videos/watch/1909/ray-tracing-tips-and-techniques.html?playlist=103

I have to side with Scott here - and I think Limitless was looking for some advice, but hopefully didn't take it personal.  Whenever you ask opinions you have to be ready for frank answers.  Some of the harshest criticism i've ever received has made me better at what I do since it prevented me from being satisfied with poor work. 

There are no shadows in all 3?

I did use final view with shadows, the sun angle in all 3 was facing into the room, so maybe because the view is up close the shadows ended up being behind the camera.  I'll be honest, I'm not satisfied meaning I was hoping to have gotten even more crisp final views, and greater realism (considering all objects were modified meaning the materials, bump maps and so on and so forth.  I get this feeling that I'm close to realizing what is my mistake, but at the moment I can't yet put my finger on it.

• 3 weeks later...

So I after having gone through a few tutorials I decided to do a few a exterior ray traces of two different homes to see the results after all  material definitions were changed as well as lighting and so forth.  Here are the results, let me know your honest opinion everybody, thanks!

turret night.png

turret1.png

french chateau full night.png

french chateau night2.png

french light.png

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Respect to all CA forum members.
I learn a lot from everyone here. U people are a ton of help for someone new like me.
I m pretty much Novice in CA, Still dared to show some of my work.
Hope to get better with time and learn from ur footsteps.
Thanks.

Choyon_bdrm_Final 2.jpgChoyon_bdrm_Final 4.jpg

15 hours ago, BigKahuna said:

Here's a few of a new home I am just finishing design on.  Will have to study that tips on ray tracing video for better renderings but they get the job done for now.

A Front View 1.jpg

B Front View 2.jpg

N Foyer View 2.jpg

D  Porch view.jpg

D OVERHEAD VIEW 1.jpg

J2 SIDE VIEW 1.jpg

D  Porch view.jpg

D OVERHEAD VIEW 1.jpg

G REAR VIEW STUDY 3.jpg

H REAR VIEW STUDY 4.jpg

H1 REAR VIEW STUDY 7.jpg

L PORCH ELEVATION.jpg