GHOST FRAMING

mtldesigns

I am trying to figure out how to get the ghost beams and rafters to turn off, past a "Clip To Sides" view.  In the actual view, you do not see the framing, but as soon as I put on a layout sheet, the framing appears, well past the clipping window.  Any idea on how to turn this off, with out actually tuning off the layers?  

thanks in advance.

GHOST FRAMING.JPG

Never mind.. I think I figured it out.  Kinda dumb on the steps, but oh well.  After you have the view on the layout sheet, open the view again via double clicking.  Then close that view and say "NO" to updating.  At least that worked, don't know if that's the right way or not...

So the framing was showing beyond camera clip but still in the layout box.  You may have hit on a variation of a bug chief has been trying to resolve.

Yes I was able to duplicate your situation quite quickly and I will send in my plan file.  If you could do the same it might help clean up X11.

I just titled mine as "Layout line Update Issues" but if you want to link it with mine you can just give them the ticket # 72574

I think they were able to reproduce from the last of many plan files I sent in but it helps to prioritize the fix if they know it is effecting others.

You actually made quick work of finding Perry's favorite workaround which seems to be the only consistent way to refresh.

Just to confirm, is that a live view or layout lines with fill ?

Will your rig handle live views for a large set of drawings or do you still get significant lag?  Because it seems that maybe chief is reluctant to repair plot lines as they think it is getting outdated.  I don't share that opinion with them.

11 hours ago, Chopsaw said:

Because it seems that maybe chief is reluctant to repair plot lines as they think it is getting outdated

That would be a shame as I only use plot lines. I also don't want to have to upgrade to the latest and greatest Workstation every couple of years to keep up with the horsepower req'd for live views and PBR - plus the problems sometimes associated with them. Old dog, yes; but also limited funds for hardware.