Custom Splashback Tool Button

NeilofOZ

Yep, just stumbled on this aspect and thanks.

One of my criticisms of CA is their search engine for queries, it lacks fire power.

I find that I get better results from using "Google" to search for CA queries, which I find somewhat baffling.

Regards Neil.   

42 minutes ago, rlackore said:

I suggest downloading the Reference Manual. Finding the answer to your question in the manual took me less than 10 seconds:

backsplash.thumb.PNG.d1d0f657b1ceef42f18126c8002c51f3.PNG

The Reference Manual is chock full of excellent information.

Hi Robert...... have you noticed if there is a difference between the custom back splash tool and the wall material region tool?

I think they are the same tool.

11 minutes ago, dshall said:

Do you know for what reason we would choose one tool over the other?

Yes.  I have a meeting starting in 2 minutes though so I'll have to get back to you.  Do this though real quick.  Try to single click using both tools on:

-An interior wall without cabinets/appliances

-A multi-story interior wall without cabinets/appliances

-An interior wall with cabinets/appliances

-A multi-story interior wall with cabinets/appliances

-A multi-story exterior wall

• Upvote 1

That video is incorrect. There are a lot more differences than that.  The Help files cover most of them (worth a quick read), but there is one I’m particular difference that isn’t mentioned anywhere that I know of.  You can use it to single click on an exterior wall and the resulting material region will only cover one floor level.  It’s just a handy shortcut to have in your bag of tricks.  

On 10/23/2018 at 7:48 AM, rlackore said:

I suggest downloading the Reference Manual. Finding the answer to your question in the manual took me less than 10 seconds:

backsplash.thumb.PNG.d1d0f657b1ceef42f18126c8002c51f3.PNG

The Reference Manual is chock full of excellent information.

I agree the manual is great,  i have it in paper back, as well as all the tutorials online there are few things unanswered

Heaps of feed back on this one and thanks to all.

Am still of the opinion, that unless you word a query in accordance with proper search protocols, you get 

a plethora of tutorials which 99% are totally irrelevant and the comment that it took 10seconds to find something 

is fine for an experienced CA user, but for novices like myself with no cad experience find it frustrating.

Bit like a bricklayer who can lay a brick in 10seconds, but it would take an unskilled person probably 10minutes

after being told how to do it. 

But saying all that, the  "life saver" for me is this forum which is my lifeline and now producing 3D drawings which 

would have seemed impossible when I decided to have a go, last year.

Regards to all, Neil.

Eric,

Just letting you know that I solved my initial problem even before you responded to it, so I am progressing

beyond the neanderthal stage and just like you said, I am able to now step back and start looking at problems

from different angles.

From my personal perspective things are going ok, as I am able now to design & document projects, where as 

in the past I employed people to undertake this work. I started an interior design business 31 years ago and 

introduced cad which was a first for this type business in my state, unfortunately there were so many other facets 

of running a business, I stuck with things I new and engaged others for things I didn't know.

Regards Neil.    

15 hours ago, NeilofOZ said:

Eric,

Just letting you know that I solved my initial problem even before you responded to it, so I am progressing

beyond the neanderthal stage and just like you said, I am able to now step back and start looking at problems

from different angles.

From my personal perspective things are going ok, as I am able now to design & document projects, where as 

in the past I employed people to undertake this work. I started an interior design business 31 years ago and 

introduced cad which was a first for this type business in my state, unfortunately there were so many other facets 

of running a business, I stuck with things I new and engaged others for things I didn't know.

Regards Neil.    

Some of my favorite ancestors were neanderthal.

They had some great cave layouts.