Question About SSA/Upgrade

MCassady

Hey everyone,

I bought CA a couple years ago but my SSA expired a while back. My current version is X9 and I'm considering renewing my SSA but I want to get the best value that I can because I'm a college student and I'm not exactly swimming in cash. Does the SSA renewal include the free upgrade? Is SSA renewal really worth it? Should I wait until X11 is released? I'd appreciate some guidance!

Mark:

If you upgrade now and get SSA you will get X11 when it comes - expected Q1 2019

If you wait until X11 is ready for release then upgrade will cost more and maybe even SSA

If you can I would upgrade now - there may be Xmas sales

but I wouldn't wait past Jan 1 - in case of price increases

Next year after you have some experience you can request to be on the beta team and get to work with X12 earlier than the rest of us

I'm too busy to do beta team - did it once back around X4

Lew

• Upvote 1

Suggest you give CA Sales Support a call. They will let you know what your options are and possibly the fact that your are also a student you may qualify for some additional discounting. They have always been very helpful when I have called and they do try hard to come up with something to retain you.

• Upvote 2

I think if your SSA has expired there is a penalty to pay ($95? - 30 day grace period I think ) but it is the Cheapest way to get X11, if you wait till X11 is released then you have to Pay for an Upgrade (which includes SSA) instead, which I think is $995 if you are two versions behind.

If you are using the Academic Version of CA I think SSA is only $95? 

But as Graham said best to call them direct , as they did have deals for currently enrolled Students ( with proof )

M.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, lbuttery said:

Mark:

If you upgrade now and get SSA you will get X11 when it comes - expected Q1 2019

If you wait until X11 is ready for release then upgrade will cost more and maybe even SSA

If you can I would upgrade now - there may be Xmas sales

but I wouldn't wait past Jan 1 - in case of price increases

Next year after you have some experience you can request to be on the beta team and get to work with X12 earlier than the rest of us

I'm too busy to do beta team - did it once back around X4

Lew

Thank you, Lew! 

7 hours ago, TheKitchenAbode said:

Suggest you give CA Sales Support a call. They will let you know what your options are and possibly the fact that your are also a student you may qualify for some additional discounting. They have always been very helpful when I have called and they do try hard to come up with something to retain you.

I'll give them a call! Thank you!

2 hours ago, Kbird1 said:

I think if your SSA has expired there is a penalty to pay ($95? - 30 day grace period I think ) but it is the Cheapest way to get X11, if you wait till X11 is released then you have to Pay for an Upgrade (which includes SSA) instead, which I think is $995 if you are two versions behind.

If you are using the Academic Version of CA I think SSA is only $95? 

But as Graham said best to call them direct , as they did have deals for currently enrolled Students ( with proof )

M.

Yeah, it seems like it would be best to bite the bullet now. I'll give them a call! Thank you for the information!