Electrical Schedules and Room Definitions

EconBlueprints

Hello again,

My electrical schedule looks great....for the most part
What I would like to do is have the devices on the exterior side of the building assigned to a room definition such as "Exterior".  The kitchen ones show up as Kitchen, Bedrooms in the bedrooms, bathrooms in the bathrooms, but there are blank lines that look like they are just waiting to be filled in for any light, switch, receptacle etc. that is attached to the exterior of the building.  I tried creating a room around each one of them, then giving it the room name of, for instance "garage exterior light", then making the room no locate, and the walls invisible, but that just made it worse in 3d views so I abandoned that idea.
So, is there any way to assign the room name "Exterior Wall" or the like to those outside fixtures.  I know I can put that in the comment line, but that is not what I want to do

Thanks

Lane

I believe you're out of luck - Chief doesn't allow us to assign a name to the "Exterior" room. May i suggest creating a Custom Object Field and including it in the Electrical Schedule? I frequently use this strategy for other schedule types.

elec1.thumb.JPG.bd277e832653dd5fcf0726e9e3081e01.JPGelec2.thumb.JPG.d5b68b0d37c95b2f7daf31cc4c872951.JPGelec3.thumb.JPG.3a695ba976934c95119623f4bbaa2824.JPG

• Upvote 1

If having the extra column is a nuisance, you could create a Custom Object Field that uses the %room.name% attribute. All the interior symbols would give you the Room Name, and for the exterior outlets you replace the %room.name% attribute with the exterior location. There are lots of possibilities. Maybe a Ruby macro could automate it even more.

elec2.thumb.JPG.d835ec01a905adbb781d2a4259db792c.JPGelec1.thumb.JPG.051c0ffb74f908a550d10c71d4fa9709.JPG

• Upvote 1