Inserting Imported Appliances into Cabinets

Chloe1Casey

I have imported a GE Monogram Oven 3D Cad file from their site and I am attempting to insert it into a full-size cabinet. I have the cutout dimensions in the cabinet correct but the program says the appliance is too large to fit. This is because the face of the appliance (which sits outside the cabinet) is larger than the opening and the overall depth of the object (including the part in front of the cabinet) is deeper than the cabinet. How do I tell the program how far the appliance object sits in front of the cabinet (it should be 5")? I have made sure that "inserts into a cabinet face" is selected for the object.

Here is the link to the 3D file:  https://appliances.monogram.com/us/specs/ZET1FHSS#downloads-anchor

It is a dwg file. I also found one on the Sketchup 3D database that was posted officially by GE.

I tried inserting it from the plan view but then it says that there are already other appliances (the Avantium and the warming drawer) and asks me if I want to replace them.

• 4 months later...
On ‎10‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 12:02 AM, solver said:

I'd use the SketchUp symbol.

Here is a video I made about multiple appliances in a single cabinet, but it sounds like you already understand that.

Thanks for this video...I was ignorant of how to stack these appliances as they kept screwing up..duhhhhh   so much simpler