Boxed Eaves (Chief Architect Premier X9)

MCassady

Hey everyone,

I've always struggled with roof planes and today is no exception. For whatever reason, CA isn't creating a boxed eave over the right side of the garage. I've messed around with it for a while now with no success. Are there any more experienced users that can lend a hand? It would be very much appreciated. 

Thank you,
Mark 

Plan No. 1801-B.plan

Just now, MCassady said:

Hey everyone,

I've always struggled with roof planes and today is no exception. For whatever reason, CA isn't creating a boxed eave over the right side of the garage. I've messed around with it for a while now with no success. Are there any more experienced users that can lend a hand? It would be very much appreciated. 

Thank you,
Mark 

Plan No. 1801-B.plan

Capture.PNG

5 minutes ago, solver said:

That's what I was suggesting rather unclearly when I said create a notch.

If you set the overhang on the garage wall to 21.625" (up from 21"), the returns generate.

It worked! I appreciate the help. I learned something new :)

13 minutes ago, CAmichael240114 said:

Without changing the whole roof set-out, the only thing that can be done in this situation is to bring the roof planes forward over the garage door

1.jpg

2.jpg

Thank you for the help! :)

6 hours ago, Kbird1 said:

As discussed yesterday , it is not a good idea to bring all that water into a corner like that , you will have a mini waterfall every time it rains....

https://chieftalk.chiefarchitect.com/topic/19889-renovation-custom-roof/?do=findComment&comment=162396

That's a good point! I actually had a different roof on this house but decided to go with this one for drainage purposes due to where the lot is located. I didn't consider the mini waterfall, though. Thank you for pointing that out!