decorators3

I am trying to change the garage from a hip roof to a gable roof. I was able to change the house roof but the garage roof will not change when I press the icon for change in the tool bar nothing happens.  

How do I create the over hang on the first floor to tie in wit the garage.  Attached is my camera view so far as well as the plan I am tryin to recreate in CA

Your help is appreciated

Thanks 

camera view.jpg

plan  .jpg

Hi D3 , The Overhang may need to be done manually , unless the Upper floor doesn't align with the Main floor? can't tell in your pic....

*** the lower roof will build off the Porch Railing wall which you haven't drawn yet....

Attach the plan file while it is closed in Chief and some will look for you I am sure...

Mick

If you are using x10 it should be simple just delete the front roof and select each other room and drag the ridge part paralle and then select it and move it to whatever overhang you want or you should get a dimention number to the outside of the wall then just add the overhang you want, or as Mick said post the plan and you will get a quick answer if it is ca x10 I think only a few use both

Thank you for all your imput. I amusing CA premier 10 ..Trying to create a roof over deck on the first floor ( which i have not been able to do). 

Here is my plan CA Premier 10 plus my camera view and my hand plan view showing the roof over the deck.

I tried to build a deck ( but as you can see it is not in the plan yet) but my wall got lost.  then when i tried again I got a ceiling over the deck  but no roof.

I've printed off all your suggestions and going thru them one at a time

Again your help is great maybe I'm either not reading your responses properly or I am totally dunce!!

Levina

ca 10 floor plan.jpg

drawnplan.jpg

camera view.jpg

I dont know how you did it Eric.  and I can work from the plan you sent me,,and I really appreciate what you have done for  me, I see by your posts that you have been doing this a ling time I want to be able to do it as well but Ive tried but still having problems  please im a dunce or ive been working on this  so long I can't see  the forest for the trees

Where do i find the roof directive in walls.  is it in the default settings  or it is it when i access the actual wall in question??

2 hours ago, decorators3 said:

I tried to build a deck ( but as you can see it is not in the plan yet) but my wall got lost.

The "lost Wall" is actually just inside the Front Door under the "Entry" label over the front door.....you could delete both....

It appears you have used the same Siding 6 Exterior Wall for many of the 1st floor walls in the House including the interior walls so I am not surprised CA is a bit confused

the LH Garage wall should be marked a Hip roof.....you might want to read through the Roof Types Tutorial and refresh yourself on the basic styles and how to set them up.

There is also 2 exterior walls on the 2nd floor on RH Side , easily seen in Plan view but also seen in 3D looking at the back Corner of the house. Corner board not aligned

M.

image.thumb.png.eae008a8b7b3688471917c84db1cce5b.pngimage.thumb.png.8767fd2bbd5c3adc1faf207a0f4dee10.pngimage.thumb.png.e5c958c65c6fe437bf7991fcd95b79f5.png

Try keeping multiple Versions of each plan as you go while learning,  eg do a Save As every hour with a new Rev.No# , so if you get too far down the Rabbit Hole chasing an Error like this one , you can step back a few versions if needed and try again.... might want to try setting your Redos at 30 or even 50 too.

Post as many Questions as you want too Levina , lots of good people on the Forum who are willing to help....... just remember there is a REF.Manual and an Online Help (F1) to try 1st along with the KnowledgeBase Tutorials.... The New Tutorial Guide for X10 is worth going through too.....

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/category/34/roofs.html

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/documentation.html