"Serious Error' Message

EconBlueprints

I making a new template for plans, and when I go into the default walls settings I am changing the default Exterior wall drywall layer from 1/2" to 5/8" Fire Rated Drywall.
When I clicked "OK" I get a message a serious error has occurred.  It does not say what the error actually is, although it says it is serious.  Kinda like the feeling I got when I had an EKG and the technician looked at it and said "uh oh".  When I asked what it was she said she was not allowed to tell me but it looked serious.  Really?
Anyway, I dismissed the error and went about creating another wall, this time an interior wall where one side will have the 1/2" Fire Rated Drywall.  Same error message.  Again, I dismissed it and continued working.

Next, I closed out of the plan, closed CA then re opened it.
I checked to see if my walls were saved as created and yes, they are there.

So, what kind of error had been created and what will it mean to program functionality somewhere along the line (like 4PM on a Friday when you want to send the layout to the printer) ?
Is it really a cause for concern?

Thanks

Lane

I believe its a "catch-all" error message that is given when the code arrives at an unexpected place

and yet is there anyways

Not knowing how it got there it issues the error message instead of crashing

if you can reproduce the error message then send the plan to CA's tech support

if you can't then there is probably not much they can do

but let them know anyways - if others report the same problem it may give them clues

Lew

Lane:

I forgot about that

the system may be able to send enough info to CA to give an indication why its "throwing" the error

but if you can reproduce it you should contact CA's tech support and send them the plan and the steps to reproduce

Lew

The Error reporting message does work , once they had a bad plan from me they were able to check those reports and figure out an Issue for me earlier in the year, so it is worth send bad plans in.

*** Re the EKG I can relate , exact same thing happened to me, She was so freaked out, She pulled me off the Treadmill before it even stopped. She forgot to push record or something in the Panic, so I heard the Cardiologist telling her off.....I offered to get back on the treadmill ( I hadn't felt a thing) but there was no way they'd let me.

6 hours ago, EconBlueprints said:

I making a new template for plans, and when I go into the default walls settings I am changing the default Exterior wall drywall layer from 1/2" to 5/8" Fire Rated Drywall.

Hey Lane,

Could you send our tech support team a copy of the template plan you were working on? I tried the steps you mentioned in your first post and was unable to reproduce the issue. Are you still able to reproduce or was it a one time occurrence? It would be helpful to know if it is plan specific or if you can get it with any plan.

Thanks!