Plot plan setback lines

Vani80

Setback requirements for my property are 20’ front and back and 5’ on either side. Following instructions, I was able to do the concentric setback equal all around but I am not able to figure out how to do different setbacks on sides. I tried to break line  and manually shift the side lines to create 5’ setback on either side . Then I stretched the lines  to join them back but  the result is not very accurate. 

I am a new user and using home designer-pro. I would appreciate any help. Thanks. 

Without knowing all the limitations of the home designer version, you should simply be able to make that concentric setback line, I would make it 5' for the sides, and then simply click on the front section and select the temporary dimension that pops up and move the line. In the premier version of Chief this process takes just seconds to complete.

9 hours ago, lbuttery said:

HD PRO users can benefit from following the Chieftalk forum since PRO has many of the manual tools that Premier has

Lew

Thanks. Yes the chief architect tutorials and chieftalk discussions are quite helpful. As many features are shared. 

13 hours ago, joey_martin said:

Without knowing all the limitations of the home designer version, you should simply be able to make that concentric setback line, I would make it 5' for the sides, and then simply click on the front section and select the temporary dimension that pops up and move the line. In the premier version of Chief this process takes just seconds to complete.

I use home designer- pro 2019. I am able to change the dimensions  on 3 sides which are straight but it is the arc on one side that is causing issues. I posted this on the home designer forum as well. I tried some other steps based on the suggestions there but still unsuccessful. If I may copy and paste my post here to see if you  or anyone else can help me with this. 

"

I tried by turning off the snaps and after selecting the dimension with mouse click (arc line), filled 20' in the box. Same issue remains for the arc   5bbd5dfc26b8f_ScreenShot2018-10-09at6_32_03PM.thumb.png.42a037ec79eafa297bc84e487d9b7eaf.png

Then I filled the 20' setback under preferences> edit behavior> concentric > jump, thinking that I would not have to change anything on the arc and will rather change the straight edges on the sides by filling out the dimension boxes. This time too as the change occurred on sides the setback got distorted at the arc

5bbd5f125172f_ScreenShot2018-10-09at7_59_15PM.thumb.png.ddfc8c634f982a68480702fab285011e.png  

When I first chose concentric>jump for 20', it comes out fine all sides including the arc. It is when I change the dimensions (by filling the box) either on the arc or any sides, that the arc setback gets distorted. 

Screen Shot 2018-10-09 at 6.32.03 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-10-09 at 7.59.15 PM.png

11 hours ago, lbuttery said:

HD PRO users can benefit from following the Chieftalk forum since PRO has many of the manual tools that Premier has

Lew

That being said, users here may not know of the limitations of the PRO version and give advice that doesn't work for the OP.  It would be a good idea for him to post on the HD PRO forum as well.

21 minutes ago, Vani80 said:

I use home designer- pro 2019. I am able to change the dimensions  on 3 sides which are straight but it is the arc on one side that is causing issues. I posted this on the home designer forum as well. I tried some other steps based on the suggestions there but still unsuccessful. If I may copy and paste my post here to see if you  or anyone else can help me with this.

I think that even in Premier you would need to make two concentric setbacks and then manually combine them.  There should not be an accuracy issue doing this if you get the correct snap points.  Just delete the extra lines.

When selecting a dimension to make a move, at least in the Premier version, there are a couple things that could be going on. 

1) When you select a side to move that set-back, are you sure you are moving just the side and not the entire box? In my screen shot, the option I have highlighted will move the line and not the entire polyline.

2) Remember that you are moving an arc, and that arc has a radius that will not change, so....when you move the side setback, the arc radius doesn't change accordingly, so you end up with a "skewed" arc. To prevent that, look for this tool5bbe096e73f10_Screenshot2018-10-1010_12_56.thumb.png.91a4ce9e03bae335f51c68b34a8b2f00.png to disconnect the edge you want to move from the arc, allowing the arc to stay put, and you can move the side.

There must be a difference between HD Pro and X10 because I just highlight the line I want to move and only it moves, not the whole box.  I used the rectangle box to start with and arced one segment...

I watched the aforementioned video and had no idea it could be so difficult.  ;)