Plumbing Layer Set

Evolution

It's me again. I'm like a kid at Christmas now that I'm getting the hang of anno / layer sets.  One issue that popped up today, for my local plumbing contractors / and the city AHJ, I have to do a plumbing plan. So, I set up a PLUMBING ANNO SET AND LAYER SET. I thought I had it set up correctly until I put the fixtures in (just so I could make sure my plumbing would connect) but as soon as I went to stick a shower in, the message came up that I didn't have the interior fixture layer turned on. I knew I needed a layer for PLUMBING interior fixtures, so I added it when I was setting up the anno set.  You guys are better at this than me, but everything else I've set up since catching on to the process, worked just fine, until this one. I've attached my practice plan, I'm using for the floor plan; not the elevations and, perhaps you can see my error right away where I can't? P:S, I am overlaying a PDF of an ADA shower room template from way back when, if that looks a little screwy?

FS2 RCP.plan

Interior fixtures not turned on.PNG

new layer set.PNG

Plumbing anno set.PNG

Any time you add a 'fixture, interior' like a toilet, Chief will put it on that layer - there's no choice and no way to spec which layer your interior fixtures go on - initially. So it is asking you to turn that layer on if you want to see them.

The only way (I know) to get them on that specific layer - which is very smart BTW, is to select them after you've placed them on fixtures,interior layer and reassign them each to PLUMBING interior fixtures.

Nice job on the Anno/Layer Sets. Really.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, HumbleChief said:

Any time you add a 'fixture, interior' like a toilet, Chief will put it on that layer - there's no choice and no way to spec which layer your interior fixtures go on - initially. So it is asking you to turn that layer on if you want to see them.

The only way (I know) to get them on that specific layer - which is very smart BTW, is to select them after you've placed them on fixtures,interior layer and reassign them each to PLUMBING interior fixtures.

Nice job on the Anno/Layer Sets. Really.

Larry, you're a life saver, but guess what? :D that's exactly what I did, but it was just an experiment that worked for a change!B)