Symbol Oriebtation

NeilofOZ

It looks as though it was rotated at some point and the 2D cad block was not updated.  Open the symbol DBX and under the 2D Block tab use the "Generate Block" button.   Also I am not sure that chief will generate a proper cad block in the correct location if there is an X or Y Origin Offset under the 3D tab.  Post the plan or a sample if that does not work for you.

Fellas,

Have used the "2D Generate Block" and there are no offsets to the Origin.

The file format is dae. and I noticed originally that the positions did not match 

the views in this file also ( see attached ) so nothing achieved.

The Object only came as a single colour with no provision to modify, so there's not much

point in using it, but it would be good if I knew what's happening, for future reference.

Plan is too big to send, but attached original object file, if this helps. 

afanche.atd

53 minutes ago, NeilofOZ said:

Fellas,

Have used the "2D Generate Block" and there are no offsets to the Origin.

The file format is dae. and I noticed originally that the positions did not match 

the views in this file also ( see attached ) so nothing achieved.

The Object only came as a single colour with no provision to modify, so there's not much

point in using it, but it would be good if I knew what's happening, for future reference.

Plan is too big to send, but attached original object file, if this helps. 

afanche.atd

what is a atd File?

regardless you should be able to open the Original.dae file with SketchUp and fix the Rotation and possibly explode it into its Components and change materials , then reblock it and save, so that once imported into Chief you can add CA Materials as needed. At least I was able to do it to a .skp File recently.

M.