drain tile cad

djhplanning

Thanks for the response Robert.  I ended up creating an invisible wall with a dashed footing called drain tile.  I have it on the footing layer so it appears with my footings.  I have the wall specified as a foundation wall so the footing is actually my drain tile.  I have the footing sized 4" wide by 4" deep.  Even though it is square, it will serve the purpose.  Now I can just select this wall type and draw 1 time around the foundation and not hassle with drawing 2 separate lines and going back and changing all the spacings between the two to 4".

Untitled.jpeg

Another option would be a 2" diameter cylinder (primitive solid) rotated 90 degrees to be flat and assigned a dashed line style.  It can actually be set at a z height of -36" and stretched to whatever length you need.

Yes, it's really 3D but you don't need to show it in 3D Views.

On 9/25/2018 at 1:38 PM, Joe_Carrick said:

Another option would be a 2" diameter cylinder (primitive solid) rotated 90 degrees to be flat and assigned a dashed line style.

I think you mean 2" RADIUS. Many years ago, my boss was telling me about a stair railing he had designed as a young architect for an airport. He accidentally wrote 2" R, rather than 2" D, on the condocs.  Nobody caught it, and the contractor just went ahead and installed a 4" DIAMETER handrail, which looked silly, of course. When my boss went for a field inspection at the airport after the railing was installed, the contractor just grinned and said, "Nice rail, huh?" Not sure that exactly cemented the contractor/architect relationship, but the story made an impression on me thirty-some years ago. 

1 hour ago, Richard_Morrison said:

I think you mean 2" RADIUS. Many years ago, my boss was telling me about a stair railing he had designed as a young architect for an airport. He accidentally wrote 2" R, rather than 2" D, on the condocs.  Nobody caught it, and the contractor just went ahead and installed a 4" DIAMETER handrail, which looked silly, of course. When my boss went for a field inspection at the airport after the railing was installed, the contractor just grinned and said, "Nice rail, huh?" Not sure that exactly cemented the contractor/architect relationship, but the story made an impression on me thirty-some years ago. 

Yep.  Actually a 2.25" Radius would match the overall outside diameter of a 4" drain pipe.