CA not using graphics card

warrenwest

Hi folks. I have a relatively new system ( see specs below ), about a week ago I noticed a very big drop in performance when generating scenes in PBR. 

The GPU used to fire up with fans humming and the performance was what I expected from a top of the line GPU, but now she lies silent and PBR views are painfully slow. I have performed all updates as required but unfortunately I'm no computer geek. I just need the thing to work. Any words of wisdom out there?

W

Your desktop? the R7?

the 8700 has a 630UHD intergrated GFX init to so perhaps CA is using that and not the 1080Ti ?  ( like a laptop with Optimus does) if you right click the Chief desktop Icon is there an option to run CA with the Nvidia Processor?  if not you can switch that option on if available under 3D Setting at the top of the NV Control Panel .

Try adding CA to the 3D managed Apps list , you may need to select the Manage option 1st if somehow that has been set to the Performance or Quality Preset.

Once added set the 1080ti to the preferred card for openGL.

Capture.thumb.JPG.a7a46944e48aff8c721e15f460b8a1d8.JPG

• 1 month later...

Also check that you haven't plugged your monitor into the outputs on your Motherboard i/o panel, but used the i/o on your 1080.  Theoretically, installing a graphics card should disable the on board graphics, but if you plug into the i/o on the motherboard and you get a signal to your monitors, your 1080 isn't being used for that, and your bios has likely identified where the monitor was plugged in and enabled the integrated graphics.