Layout Box Border Layer Draw Order

Chopsaw

Is there a way to adjust the draw order of a Layout Box Border such that it is over top of the drawing it is being used to crop ?   Why would an object with solid fill completely blot out the border that is supposed to be defining it ?  I don't usually use Layout Box Borders but found a project where I thought it would be a handy tool for the circumstance.  Oh and yes the solid fill was a workaround for another problem. :(  Any help would be much appreciated.

Sorry guys, I should know better but it just seemed so reproducible that I figured someone had run across it before.  The Solid fill is in a Standard Polyline that the layout box border runs through at the corner of screen shot with linweights turned on and border set to 25 on drawing group 1 in layout while the (white) filled polyline is drawn in plan on group 21. 

Layout Box Border Blotout.JPG

• 1 year later...

Hi Chopsaw,

just wondering if you managed to sort out the display of the layout box border which is over ridden by fill in the plan or elevation view sent to layout ...can't seem to find the answer myself  ...using X9

cheers zac

1 hour ago, rfazac said:

just wondering if you managed to sort out the display of the layout box border which is over ridden by fill in the plan or elevation view sent to layout ...can't seem to find the answer myself  ...using X9

Yes I sent it in and got the usual response.......

"Thank you for contacting Technical Support.

I have forwarded your plan and layout to the development team and we will see what can be done with this.

Thank you for taking the time to put this test plan together."

Unfortunately all this time has passed and it still has not been fixed in the latest edition of X12.

You can replace the Layout Box Border with a Cad Line in layout where it fails to generate and put it on Drawing Group 1 but that really should not be necessary.

You could contact Technical Support but it may be better to explain the problem to the sales department and let them know you were considering upgrading but.....

Sorry I could not provide a better answer for you. :(

Thanks for taking the time Chopsaw.....I've been snapping a polyline to the layout box for quite a few years!....but that seems a clumsy way of doing it especially when you resize the layout box....was hoping I might have missed something obvious

thanks again 

cheers zac

• Like 1