Floors and Room dividing -- Sunken area not working properly

ramseyatelier

Hi, 

I'm relatively new to the program, I have done a few plans, but still getting used to everything.  I am working in X10 Premier software.

I am having an issue with floor levels.  When I divide up a space with interior walls or room dividers, and want to make a adjacent room "sunken" with a negative floor elevation, the program is changing the floor of all the surrounding rooms too, not just the room that (is section off my walls or divider) I want at the lower elevation level.  Is there something I am missing here?  I have done this in prior plans, and never had this issue.  Maybe a gliche? Any info would be helpful.

Thank you

Stacey

Hi Doug,

Here is my draft, still very rough, but here it is. The polyline solids with the wavy line fills are supposed to be water basins, like pools, baja shelves, etc.  I need this areas to be lower levels than main floor elevation.

Thanks so much for you help.  

Stacey

Here is the dropbox link.  Its said it was too big to put here on the forum.

Can you explain in more detail in what areas you want to drop the floor?

What is preventing you from selecting the room and dropping the floor.

Unrelated to the above, it looks like you should turn some snaps on as you have a lot of unaligned objects in the plan.

Hi Doug!  @Doug_M

Thanks for helping me out.  Someone here on the forum told me to strip my plan to make it a smaller size in order for it to load directly onto this forum.  When I took all the fixtures, and architectural blocks out (some dowloaded from Sketchup library) from the plan to make smaller---the floors began to work again. :rolleyes: I'm thinking one of those objects had a problem of some sort that make the whole plan buggy.  I really appreciate your willingness to help out.  Ill be in touch if there are any more issues that I cant seem to figure out!

Thanks again!!

Stacey

Hi Doug! 

Thanks for helping me out.  Someone here on the forum told me to strip my plan to make it a smaller size in order for it to load directly onto this forum.  When I took all the fixtures, and architectural blocks out (some dowloaded from Sketchup library) from the plan to make smaller---the floors began to work again. :rolleyes: I'm thinking one of those objects had a problem of some sort that make the whole plan buggy.  I really appreciate your willingness to help out.  Ill be in touch if there are any more issues that I cant seem to figure out!

Thanks again!!

Stacey