Up date Cad from View Details

Evolution

Is there a way to update a "Cad-from-view" after it has been detailed and sent to layout? Key word search in the forum and KB didn't give me anything.

I did a cross section elevation, then after opening, did cad from view.  I've spent several hours adding details etc., and sent it to layout.  Then the owner asked me to add a canopy, which I had modeled for another project and saved to my library. I used that canopy and it shows up in the cross section view but there doesn't appear to be a way to update the Elevation Cad View in my layout sheet.  I haven't had any issue updating elevations in layout, as long as I haven't converted them to Cad from view, they update fine. 

CAD FROM VIEW CROSS SECT ELEV.PNG

CAD FROM VIEW.PNG

4 minutes ago, Evolution said:

I did a cross section elevation, then after opening, did cad from view.  I've spent several hours adding details etc., and sent it to layout.  Then the owner asked me to add a canopy,

Which is why I NEVER....EVER....use CAD from View for elevations. Everytime the client will ask to change something. Always use live camera views when completing elevations.

But....Take another CAD from View shot, delete everything that doesn't need updated (not as bad as it sounds) and use the COPY and PASTE IN PLACE function on the version you have sent to layout. That should "paste" your update onto the elevation and you can then clean it up a bit.

Thanks guys. Not sure exactly what I did, but I kept working on the Cad from view, and finally opened the original elevation I used to make the cad from view, then, I add the canopy there, and fixed! Actually Joey, I've been using only live views, but got braved and decided to try Cad from view.  I like using it, as I can take out unwanted or confusing lines etc., and make subtle adjustments.