Dormer / interior wall issues

Karl_B

The wall between the flat ceiling dormer and the vault over the living/kitchen had to be manually adjusted to work, but there are still random pieces of wall with no gypsum. There is also a small piece of ceiling over the bottom of the stair that I don't know to remove it. 

The wall between the stair and hall has no gypsum on the face, it has something to do with the invisible wall between the hall and kitchen that I added to have 2 different ceiling heights.

Any suggestions?

DORMER-INT WALL ISSUE.PNG

KELLY&HAINSWORTH-34107 Richards Ave-Mission.plan

You have a series of things going on here.  You need to get a handle on matching some ceiling heights, aligning walls, etc.  For instance, the room with the stairs has a different ceiling height than the others.  On level 2, you need to make the wall of the open below area jog around the stair way.  That will eliminate the patch of ceiling you are seeing.  There may be other things but that will get you started.

Thanks for the reply. Your suggestion didn't get the result I was looking for, but it did get me thinking in the right direction. To get rid of the extra ceiling over the stair I needed to create a room that could be assigned the open to below. The 2 clouded walls needed to have the 'no room definition' unchecked and made invisible.

For the issue with no gypsum finish on the end of the wall I discovered that you need to break the room divider wall and then you can pull the horizontal wall thru to were you want it and then it shows with a finish on the end.

wall- invisible.PNG

room divider.PNG