What is most recent version of CA?

dshall

Check your System File Settings for "File Types".  That's what controls the App that Windows will try to open a file with.

• .calib
  • .calibz
  • .layout
  • .plan

This would be particularly important for any file that hadn't been previously saved in X10, such as existing templates from prior versions.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, DRAWZILLA said:

as with all new updates you must re-save any versions from a previous update to the new update or new version. This is normal, save your money.

I knew that was required for a new release,  I don't think I realized it was for an update for a release.

Maybe my computer auto updated the X10 release.....  

• Upvote 1

I have seen this reported by several people here , even earlier versions of X10 Plans will give the Warning if you try and save them in .54 which is the latest ( and last apparently) from May.

As Joe mentioned X10 especially when upgraded or migrated is bad about resetting the File Associations for .plan, .layout and .calibz or .calib Files especially if X9 is still installed.

If you Double click a Plan File on the desktop and X9 opens instead , you know the File Associations are wrong, same goes for Library Files , if they aren't in the X10 Library afterwards, likely Windows tried installing it in X9 due to the File associations. I am not sure if this is an issue with the MAC version though.

M.

19 hours ago, DRAWZILLA said:

I think it's really about the age of the plan and using the great S>A>M> method, you could run into this more than most.

Yeah,  I was thinking of starting a brand new plan soon....  maybe on the next project....... the new computer I am getting has the solid state drive.......  I have a fusion drive now which is a combo,  I am hoping the new computer will make a difference

• Upvote 1