Automated Foundation Size in a text?

ACADuser

Might have asked this before but can't find it.

I was trying to have a leader & text do display the Foundation Size from the foundation wall.

Text like this

CC Foundation

16x8 w/ 2 #5 rods

Where 16 & 8 come from the wall, but I can't seem to find the foundation size.

Also in the Foundation default only see one option for rebar number & size.

The current house has at least 3 different foundation types and the number of rebar varies.

And at times the size of the rebar may be different as well.

Can it be that Chief only allows one foundation type setup for the entire house?

CA Foundation Size.JPG

I don't know the answer - if it can be done you need one of the Gurus. The issue is that the foundation wall thickness is a property of the wall, while the height is a property of the room.

If getting properties from two objects into a referenced macro is possible it's more advanced than anything I know how to deal with. Your other thread has similar problems-not a simple macro.

What I can offer is when learning this stuff it helps to have a way to see what each object has that you can get at. Here is a macro that I got here (from Joe I think) that can quickly read the properties from an object.

Import it into the TMM (text macro management) then when needed select an object, open TMM (I use a hotkey), scroll down to this macro and see what is available. There are other ways to get the information but this one is handy.

Object Properties.json

3 hours ago, ACADuser said:

Might have asked this before but can't find it.

I was trying to have a leader & text do display the Foundation Size from the foundation wall.

Text like this

CC Foundation

16x8 w/ 2 #5 rods

Where 16 & 8 come from the wall, but I can't seem to find the foundation size.

Also in the Foundation default only see one option for rebar number & size.

The current house has at least 3 different foundation types and the number of rebar varies.

And at times the size of the rebar may be different as well.

Can it be that Chief only allows one foundation type setup for the entire house?

CA Foundation Size.JPG

Yep,  not a good question or request.....  is the footing 8” thick or 8” deep.......  I’m assuming 18” minimum depth and minimum 8” thick. (16” wide)