Controling offset distance of temp. dimension from object

Larry_Sweeney

What controls the distance the dimension is placed from the object when using temp. dimension? Sometimes it will be right next to the item (on the monitor screen) when clicked on to get the temp dimension and then the next item you click on the temp. dimension will be many feet away off the screen. There seems to be no rhyme or reason for this distance. Is there a setting somewhere to control this?

Larry, I attempted to find some help on this, not sure what I did find will help you but take a look. You've probably already looked at this? It looked to me as if you have to select each scale and edit extensions individually?  When I opened the temp dim dbx I saw no place to select extensions?

Dim default edit.PNG

Edit panel.PNG

Help KB.PNG

Temp dims.PNG

Bob..............Yes, I have look at those areas before. This has been bugging me for a long time, but today it just put me over the edge. Like I mentioned before, one time the temp. dimension is right next to the object and the next object it may be many feet away. There must be a "cause for this. Have you ever noticed this happening or is it only me. Thanks for taking the time to look at this.