chief architect australian content

malmac_123

hi every one, im a registered small builder in Australia and have been trailing chief architect.

is there any add ons for Australian content/ materials.

im looking at using chief to draw my own architectural plans for small renovations.

ive been trialing for a few months now but struggle in a few areas finding australian content.

some things i cant find is australian windows with low lite fixed glass below.

also is there any way to change the symbols (fill style picture) for electrical items (power points, lights, smoke alarms ect)symbols my sparky wont know whats what to your own picture.

any help or links would be appreciated

australia electrical.jpg

basic.jpg

No problem for the electrical icons. Draw whatever you like with cad and make a cad block and it will be available to be assigned to the symbol as it's 2D cad block.  You may need to mull some standard windows together if I am understanding that problem.  Post some examples and you will see a lot of creative ideas posted.  Also would be great to know what version you are using.

im new to the whole drafting thing, up to recently id draw by hand or out source so at this stage i dont have cad. is there any other program (possible free) that you could use to draw and save in the correct file format?

im trialing chief architect premier x10. i just want to make sure i can get the program to draw how we draw australian plans before i purchase

the window is like the left pic

window 1.jpg

Hi Mal, the windows are easy. I use them all the time (NSW).

They are called "Mulled units". Look it up in the manual. They are simply two windows, one above the other, and blocked into one unit. Then save to the library for future use.

Draw your 2D using cad to represent the socket.

Select all the cad and Make Cad Block.

You can open Cad Block Management and it will be there.

Rename it as you want.

Place an outlet in plan.

Select it and use Open Symbol - NOT Open Object.

Go to the 2D Block panel.

Your cad block will be listed there - select it.

Save it to the library for future use or create a new toolbar button for it for fast access - look up Place Library Object.

I was going to make a video but Glenn beat me to the post.

There are a few limitations with the current software but these are due for an upgrade as they have been that way for a while.

You can't use solid or transparent fill and you can't use hatch patterns. So you are restricted to one colour and text but you can fill with a series of closely space lines. Turn on Lineweights when modeling that way. Or you could creatively use text symbols for a second colour pattern or fill.

16 hours ago, malmac_123 said:

is there any add ons for Australian content/ materials.

There is an Ozbreed Plants Library but I don't really know if the are truly Australian Plants or not ?  ( I am not a landscaper or in Oz)

Hardi Library is available though not in All styles yet as I think it is based on US Market Products but Boral has a Library too

There is an Old Library of Australian Home Templates around however I don't think they would be all that useful in X10 ? Glennw may know more about that , but I really can't think of too much specific content for Downunder, lots of people from OZ and NZ on the Forum though so you will be in good company.

Also, it's good to have your Forum Signature filled in, especially with the Software Version, and of course a real Name is nice too :) ..............

See mine below in Blue for how to do that.

If you don't see my Signature then you have them turned off for the Forum so you need to Toggle it on by going to the Upper RH Corner of this Forum Window and Clicking on your Username and making sure Signature are enabled (green) and then Add your Own Sig. too :

UserName> Account > Signatures

M.