difficulty with varying room heights and b$tard pitch roof

madcowscarnival

I had to give up and send this back to the designer to change the roof plan.  I really wanted to demonstrate to the designer and builder how quickly this could be mocked up in CA. 

The builder wants the covered patio roof removed, and that little modification mucks up a bunch of the roof lines in the back.  I created the outline of the house and changed ceiling heights on rooms as needed.  It also has 9:12 side pitch, 7:12 front to back.  My attempt is in the .plan file.  Some of the roof planes, even on 9:12 spec'd walls, auto-build at 7:12.  The roof is a mess compared to the original designers. 

I'm pretty sure the designer just uses some manner of 2-D drawing program for his designs.  He and the builder have had me model a couple for a "what would the interior look like" type question, this would really show off the programs ability.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

elevs.pdf

roof layout.plan

Roof Print.pdf

Wow, Eric, thank you very much.  How did you handle that process?  Modifying an auto-build or drawing main planes manually then cutting in the small planes.  Its so much cleaner than anything I could create.  I'm going to try and deconstruct in the AM and figure out how to do that myself.  I'll also shoot an ortho of the rear view to them.  Taking out the patio roof really changed the look of it, don't know if they've "seen" that yet.