Looking to Have Construction Docs Created

audioresearch

2 hours ago, Kbird1 said:

ConDocs are not Automatic ... just a FYI ... they can be a lot of work....

16 hours ago, audioresearch said:

I've created a floorplan in a jpg file plus an extensive .txt file describing a residential home.

I'm looking for someone to put these into Chief Architect & have it output a set of construction docs. The house will be built in Massachusetts, probably in the general area of Plymouth.

Plymouth.....  I will be driving through Plymouth October 8th on our two week New England Road Trip to see the colours change. I doubt I will have time to finish up those plans for you but there are plenty of folks around here that can probably help you out.

4 hours ago, dshall said:

Plymouth.....  I will be driving through Plymouth October 8th on our two week New England Road Trip to see the colours change. I doubt I will have time to finish up those plans for you but there are plenty of folks around here that can probably help you out.

If you have a moment when near Plymouth chime in.  I'll buy you a coffee, or drink on the bay!

20 hours ago, audioresearch said:

I've created a floorplan in a jpg file plus an extensive .txt file describing a residential home.

I'm looking for someone to put these into Chief Architect & have it output a set of construction docs. The house will be built in Massachusetts, probably in the general area of Plymouth.

I've designed a bunch of plans that were built in Plymouth.  A word to the wise.  The Plymouth inspector has a bug up his...........and requires all garage doors to have a seal on the "design"............Specify an APA portal wall design and provide detail from said APA??? Nope, not good enough.  He wants that page sealed because it's so rare to see garage doors.........sorry, can you tell I'm a little annoyed?

12 hours ago, Jay_on_Cape said:

If you have a moment when near Plymouth chime in.  I'll buy you a coffee, or drink on the bay!

Hi Jay,  I will keep that in mind,  I have it noted it in my calendar and if it works out,  I will touch base.  Thanks

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/5/2018 at 3:30 PM, dshall said:

Scott...my wife and I did the New England leaf tour last fall.  Had a blast.  If you get anywhere near Manchester, New Hampshire...you might want to visit the "Zimmerman House" designed by Frank Lloyd Wright.  The tour is fascinating...and the craftsmanship is beyond belief.  It's a "usonian" style, slab on grade...but designed with a pitched roof to handle New England snowfall.

Here's a couple pics I took...they won't let you take interior pictures.  

Front of home...

IMG_0123.thumb.jpg.698e0bc31e727e520bea039380f650d0.jpg

Corner mitred glass window...

IMG_0134.thumb.jpg.818940e792462ddc5dcf3c0226564974.jpg

Hi Steve,  I did stop by Falling Water back in '78 but The Zimmerman House is not in the cards.  We are going up the east side of New Hampshire. Attached is our route.  If you have any other suggestions let me know.  We were planning on doing this back in 2016 but that was the year Parker got sick.

5bab85c2d936a_20180506RouteMap2.thumb.png.f338d0006c698fb7e067a3e89e103f04.png

Hey Scott,

That looks kind of like a bike trip I did in 1990 - except that we started in Bangor and ended in Washington DC.  It was all along the coast until we got thru Connecticut.  Then we went thru Pennsylvania to Gettysburg and down to DC.  It was really great because you see a lot more from a bike than from a car.  We camped almost every night except for a couple of nights in motels.

10 minutes ago, Joe_Carrick said:

Hey Scott,

That looks kind of like a bike trip I did in 1990 - except that we started in Bangor and ended in Washington DC.  It was all along the coast until we got thru Connecticut.  Then we went thru Pennsylvania to Gettysburg and down to DC.  It was really great because you see a lot more from a bike than from a car.  We camped almost every night except for a couple of nights in motels.

A bike might be fun.....  going downhill,  but we are going up in the White Mountains.....  I have a hard enough time going up the 9% slope at the end of my street.  

50 minutes ago, dshall said:

A bike might be fun.....  going downhill,  but we are going up in the White Mountains.....  I have a hard enough time going up the 9% slope at the end of my street.  

We used Palomar Mountain and Julian as training rides.  We started in Escondido.:D