Video Cards

PaulTrice

This should really be in the Off-Topic Chatroom but any 10 Series Nvidia card 1060 6GB and up ( 2nd hand 980ti too) will do the Trick...your budget will determine the rest and perhaps the computer you want to add it too....the devil is in the details hence please fill in your signature too. See mine below for how.

Video card is one of the more critical parts of a computer system, especially for CA. If you can wait a couple of months, there is a new generation of video cards coming out, so the 1060, 1070, and 1080 cards should drop some in price.

You should sign up for email alerts from NewEgg (online retailer) and MicroCenter (box store with online presence).  Both frequently offer smoking deals on video cards.  And definitely after new-gen models are released.  I want to say the 1070ti in my sig was around $400 after a mail in rebate.

FYI, if you're doing this yourself, which I recommend, make sure your case has enough room.  I have a component and had to rearrange the innards to fit that absurdly large card in, some might not work in a manufacturer case..

1 minute ago, madcowscarnival said:

FYI, if you're doing this yourself, which I recommend, make sure your case has enough room.  I have a component and had to rearrange the innards to fit that absurdly large card in, some might not work in a manufacturer case..

Good advice.....  some cards  come in smaller versions like the 1060 too