Need Help with Floor System (Slab on Bar Joists and drop ceiling)

wjmdes

This is the floor system I tried to create and I am failing miserably. (Probably my lack of understanding of Chief in this area)

5b8de5625e329_FLOORSECTION.thumb.JPG.f5344a2230b432fe87679882dccc99f7.JPG

I have set the floor system up as 4" slab and then air space for the remaining 5' and I have no idea where I put the ceiling info, as part of floor structure? Or?

When I cut the section the area between floors is solid where I want to manually build bar joists:

5b8de69505b8f_bldgsection.thumb.JPG.2dfef8e376b234549d7cb2e1c6fec0e8.JPG

I having been messing around for hours and hopefully someone with more experience will tell me exactly what I am missing or doing wrong.

18-1042 Rest Venue.plan

Bar Joists will be supported by steel frame, just have not gotten that far yet.

1 hour ago, wjmdes said:

When I cut the section the area between floors is solid where I want to manually build bar joists:

That brown is just the default for OSB or Rimboard that you can change to whatever you need it to be for a contrasting background.

Have you seen Michael's Bar Joist Video ?

1 hour ago, wjmdes said:

Bill,

You seem to be doing so far.

The area between the floors is not solid.

What you are seeing is the OSB (in elevation) on the external wall where it runs down below floor level to cover the floor structure.

If you don't want to see forever in  cross section/Elevation view, use the Backclipped Cross Section camera. 

Chop,

You just beat me.

You can also turn on the Back Clip After setting in the Cross Section camera and it will change the camera to a Backclipped Cross Section camera.   

• 1 year later...

Bill,

Did you ever get anywhere with the bar joist issue? 

i too want to have some bar-joist in my wall sections and they(bar joists) are sort of pretty common, suprised there are none to be seen......or at least i can't find them......

Allison Pell

ALIENWARE17

i7-4930MX CPU @ 3.00Ghz

32.0GB ram

48 minutes ago, thebaraprocess said:

Did you ever get anywhere with the bar joist issue? 

i too want to have some bar-joist in my wall sections and they(bar joists) are sort of pretty common, suprised there are none to be seen......or at least i can't find them......

@Alaskan_Son has parts, pieces and a video for bar joists that work very well.  I just do not seem to be able to find them.