Best 3D modeling software to use with CA Software for the price

DCB123

Hi;

This is a discussion, to try and explore what the best options are for trying to 

master the 3D Rendering and Perspective views, outside of using the Chief X10

PBR, and other rendering options within the Chief software? As I feel that the current 

version of the software doesn't compare to the other rendering engines that are out there now.

There are several choices, Lumion 6 or 7, which is both expensive, but easier to learn 

from what I hear at least. Most designers are using this one now....?

Other options, might be to export the 3D views from Chief into Sketchup and use the 

3D Rendering options there using the Vray engine to create the 3D photorealistic views and renderings?

Autocad 3d Max, is another option, but runs with Vray, and is harder to learn from what I hear as well?

Please let me know your thoughts here, as well as what you're finding to work the best and easiest

on a faster machine, with a lightning fast Video card and processor.

Please see the sample renderings that Sam Vitone does for me now on Lumion. 

Note:

This is all except the bathroom, as it is a real life photo taken after construction of a remodel....

Sam's X9 & Lumion LBK Residence Rendering-2WM.jpg

Tracewood Rendering - Sam - Accurate Asbuilt Watermarked.jpg

Bal Habout outside first render and Photoshop.jpg

Interior Custom Kitchen 1D1 30 passes Photoshop.jpg

There have been many discussions in the past concerning this, might be worth searching the forum.

Personally, if you are satisfied with the renderings you posted, with the exception of the bathroom, I would suggest that it might be worth your while to spend a bit more time with the X10 PBR and save the expense and time learning a new program.

X10 PBR Rendering Examples

5b8be62def5c6_Final1a.thumb.jpg.93f278156dc22846a873f1db93b40b8c.jpg

5b8be678db0b5_Concept6cccc.thumb.png.297e2664b47477556d4a2f041d655532.png

With your current hardware, these would render in about 5 seconds.

To get something such as your bathroom example is a whole new ballgame and would require exceptional skill to obtain something close to that. I took a closer look at that and it looks to me as if it is an actual photograph, not a rendering.

1 hour ago, TheKitchenAbode said:

There have been many discussions in the past concerning this, might be worth searching the forum.

Personally, if you are satisfied with the renderings you posted, with the exception of the bathroom, I would suggest that it might be worth your while to spend a bit more time with the X10 PBR and save the expense and time learning a new program.

X10 PBR Rendering Examples

5b8be62def5c6_Final1a.thumb.jpg.93f278156dc22846a873f1db93b40b8c.jpg

5b8be678db0b5_Concept6cccc.thumb.png.297e2664b47477556d4a2f041d655532.png

With your current hardware, these would render in about 5 seconds.

To get something such as your bathroom example is a whole new ballgame and would require exceptional skill to obtain something close to that. I took a closer look at that and it looks to me as if it is an actual photograph, not a rendering.

I agree that bathroom is a photograph; not a rendering ..

Dead giveaway is the uneven grout joints in tile which can be sen by zooming in