Door and Window Programming

Chopsaw

Has anyone else noticed the programming inconsistencies when setting up a window Frame and Casing to match a door Jamb and Casing so you have a consistent exterior look with both doors and window.  It is like they were programmed by completely different departments who never talk.

There is so much wrong it must be totally baffling for new users.

I will be sending my report in to tech but wondered if anyone else has already done so ?

YES !  been that way a long time and I have never understood why ... I don't understand why it is a Reveal on Doors and a Overlap on Windows.  ie completely opposite settings ..... and who ever heard of a 0" overlap?  set by default?  be a bit breezy around those Windows I think

But No I haven't reported it.... perhaps move this to Suggestions too?

Ok, Glad it is not just me.  But the Overlap vs. Reveal settings are just the tip of the iceburg.  The "Fit Frame to Wall" is not correct for both doors and windows.  One may be correct but the other is not.  Then there are the R.O. settings : :( that are totally wack. I am not so sure there is a way to explain why setting a bottom rough opening for a door creates a gap in the framing above the door.  And just for fun the house wrap does not trim the same for both.  So yes it could be a cold winter if they don't get fixed.

:)  yes the Reveal thing was just the 1st example that came to mind ...

I have NEVER seen an RO under a Door but maybe that is just how I install them ?  No, it is another example of Chief's Programmers not knowing how things work in the Real World , they need to to a Practicum OnSite for 6 months :)

And what about the over simplified door jambs that is the only one possible.

We need the ability to define a door jamb profile with a cad profile or molding shape.

We need things like a simply rebated jamb...double rebated..or any shape that we want to define.

• Upvote 1