Foundation Wall Creation Problem

Lorenchief

I can't figure out how to stop the foundation walls from reaching all the way to the eaves on the second floor when adding a bump out addition. There doesn't seem to be a setting to make it recognize the overhang is the roof and to stop at the first floor.

Any suggestions?

Whenever I have seen this on my plans the foundation walls are not properly aligned with the floor above allowing them to build to the roof eaves. Aligning them always solved this unwanted appearance for me. A secondary cause can be miss programmed wall layers assigning the wrong layer as the "Main" layer, so you could look for that as well.

DJP

23 minutes ago, Lorenchief said:

I can't figure out how to stop the foundation walls from reaching all the way to the eaves on the second floor when adding a bump out addition. There doesn't seem to be a setting to make it recognize the overhang is the roof and to stop at the first floor.

Any suggestions?

a few reasons:

no room above

no roof above

easy fix I think would be to select the room and check NO ROOF......

The walls are as tall as the roof or floor above....  no roof or floor the foundation walls go as high as the Milky Way.

• Upvote 1

Hi,

I tried those options and think I understand what you are suggesting. In the menu, it is reading that the portion that goes to the eaves is identified as an attic wall rather than foundation wall. I can delete it but it doesn't help me to understand or avoid it happening later.

Thanks.

5 hours ago, Lorenchief said:

How do I post the image only? Screen shot?

Yes use the Windows Snipping Tool ( In Accessories ) , save to Desktop and drag the Pic into the bottom of the Reply Box where is says Drag Files here

I think the Forum now allows a direct right click>Paste from the Snipping Tool into the text Area too ......

6 hours ago, DavidJPotter said:

Whenever I have seen this on my plans the foundation walls are not properly aligned with the floor above allowing them to build to the roof eaves. Aligning them always solved this unwanted appearance for me.

This has been my experience as well...