Can you figure out what this is?

dshall

3 minutes ago, Chopsaw said:

Maybe even too big for dropbox.  I get "This folder is empty".   What else could go wrong ?

Hi Chop,

sorry about wasting your time,  it is in there now and I was able to extract it so all is well,'

sorry again for wasting your time,

This is a goofball of a wall. The only way I could get everything to model correctly was to simply place a room divider parallel to the exterior wall and drag the fence back so it joins with the room divider and not the exterior wall.

Capture1.thumb.JPG.88d1752b3c51b108e9148246441f2377.JPGCapture.thumb.JPG.4d78d13286c3a52b59c6d075072173c8.JPG

1 hour ago, dshall said:

Sorry Guys,  try this,  

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/luxmedi6xxwmxjr/AACjLK7eNOP3yLY3kcowScYBa?dl=0

maybe it was too big to post directly

25mb should be fine direct on Forum, the Dropbox File is 22.5mb but not sure if you pared it down before reposting there?

18 minutes ago, dshall said:

Thanks for looking at this Robert.....  I gave the fence a room definition and now it is fix..... weird...5b86f5088ddc7_ScreenShot2018-08-29at12_32_26PM.thumb.png.899240c8df9eff5e7f567ae2f5aeba9a.png

One to send in perhaps so they can look at it....

Oh.... I keep getting a warning message about a Floor or Ceiling Platform Hole that is not entirely within it's Platform, switching annotations and selecting the wall at the Corner trigger it it seems .....maybe that is the issue ?

M.

Capture.JPG

1 minute ago, Kbird1 said:

Oh.... I keep getting a warning message about a Floor or Ceiling Platform Hole that is not entirely within it's Platform, switching annotations and selecting the wall at the Corner trigger it it seems .....maybe that is the issue ?

M.

Capture.JPG

I do not think that is the issue,  that is a hole in ceiling at the second floor that I am not using.....  I was too lazy to delete it.

1 minute ago, dshall said:

I do not think that is the issue,  that is a hole in ceiling at the second floor that I am not using.....  I was too lazy to delete it.

Forgot you use a 2nd floor even when there isn't one , so didn't look up there for it , the popup was getting annoying :)

M

4 hours ago, glennw said:

Scott,

Ken is correct, the material is Aspen and it is assigned to the interior and exterior faces of the wall.

The fences are obviously screwy.

If I uncheck Follow Terrain, they disappear off the floor plan.

This is not the first time I have issues with the fence I am using. Sometimes it frames at the bottom.

5b87e90484919_ScreenShot2018-08-30at5_54_10AM.thumb.png.85878d6fe8e3028ba522c952fda198f0.png   5b87e9095516e_ScreenShot2018-08-30at5_53_53AM.thumb.png.a02459b49b413a5b60803ed46e4c189e.png

Scott,

You should probably select a simpler Wall_Type for your fences.  I use a single transparent layer just the thickness I need.  Never use a Wall_Type with a framing material and avoid Pony Walls.  This pretty much goes for Railing Walls as well.

I think Chief's Default Fence Wall_Type uses 2x4 Fir Studs.  Change that material to a non-framing material (preferably transparent) and the framing problem will go away.

2 hours ago, Joe_Carrick said:

Scott,

You should probably select a simpler Wall_Type for your fences.  I use a single transparent layer just the thickness I need.  Never use a Wall_Type with a framing material and avoid Pony Walls.  This pretty much goes for Railing Walls as well.

I think Chief's Default Fence Wall_Type uses 2x4 Fir Studs.  Change that material to a non-framing material (preferably transparent) and the framing problem will go away.

I tried it and it did not help. Did you try it.

As I said in previous post,  giving the fence a ROOM DEFINITION,  cleared  up the issue....  very strange

FWIW, I just deleted the fence section with the gate and rebuilt it by drag/continue the side yard fence.  Then I inserted the gate and it was all fine.

Sometimes when something is goofy the best solution is to start over.  In this case the fence with the gate was just not behaving the way it should.

Scott's Gate.JPG

You might also notice that there is what appears to be an extra tall post at the end of the brick pony wall.  It's actually another fence/railing wall which contains some junk - the original stone artifact.  Deleting it caused some problems so you can either check it as invisible so it's not seen - or go ahead and recreate the fence and rebuild as in my previous post.