LED Tape Light

rlackore

30 minutes ago, rickwookie said:

I am getting precisely this effect when trying to add a rope light to a trey ceiling. I've upped the max number of lights from the previous default (I think it was set to 20), but it's still looking like this. Is it not possible to use the rope light to effectively simulate LED strip (tape)?

Try adding Chief's Rope light instead , I think you can do it right from the Trey Ceiling DBX now....

M.

• 1 year later...

Nowadays, there`s quite an extensive selection of LED strips, so I don`t see the point of making them yourself... unless it`s a hobby =) I, for example, love strips that seem to shimmer in color and for me I chose led strip light that synchronizes with music. Love the club atmosphere! Btw, about the installation, I want to mention that the main factor affecting the quality of attachment is the cleanliness of surface on which it`ll be attached. Sooner or later poor quality strip can start to fall off from dirty surface in different places. I installed my strip previous year and they stuck firmly till now.

• 2 weeks later...

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    shawnfndr
    Newest Member
    shawnfndr

• By Paul61
      Have done some experimenting but it is unclear to me what the intensity setting is doing with rope lights and its interaction with light spacing.  Is the setting lumens per light, per foot, or for the  entire rope?
    • By EvanDesign
      I'm sort of new to CA and I've noticed that every time I go to set up my PBR it takes me FOREVER to get it looking good. This time however it has taken me forever to make it look good and I still cannot figure out how to fix this.
      Can someone help me figure out what I'm doing wrong, I find PBR to be so challenging.

• By vegarell
      Hi

To make the emission of a material on a light source turn off when you switch off the light, you must select the Material Default Glass (Lights). 

Are there any other materials that can behave like that, or is there any way to make more of this kind of default materials?
      I'm making a visual stage plot setup for my band, and I would like to be able to create spotlights with several colors or material types with this switchable behavior, but it seems like all lights ends up with the last setting I do for this Material Default.

If any developers are reading this: Is this a feature that can be implemented in coming versions (I user CAPX12)?

• By Designer100
      Do we have led lights in chief that I can find in library for commercial project that can hang from steel trusses?

Newell Cheatheam 
    • By Aamir77
      Hi every one,
      I am facing an issue ,program is chief architect X9 .Made a base cabinet ,put that BC to the wall ,made a load bearing rest stand with poly line solid for wall cabinets , put 4 puck lights in that stand , in camera view theses lights turn of whenever i try to put wall cabinet on the stand . If i drag the stand out from under the wall cabinet lights turn on . counter checked the sizing and placement of wall cabinet but problem is still there .
      Any hint on how to fix it . i want the lights in on position when wall cabinet goes back to its position with the wall .
      when i tried to use puck above cabinet ,it shows turned On ,then why the puck under the cabinet is not showing up ? please help