Elevation Benchmark

Sweeney

Hi all, 

Wondering if there is a way to set a benchmark elevation to "0"? I recently finished up a set of condocs and today the client wanted to change the basement stem wall from 9' to 12'.  Instead of adjusting each room from the basement up, I would rather drop the basement down to account for the extra 3' and then reset that -3' floor change to the "0" benchmark. This would help in story pole dimensions and setting heights of all sorts of imported Sketchup pieces.

Thanks in advance,

Austin

When you say "benchmark elevation", I assume you are talking about the zero height level as indicated when you generate an auto storey pole dimension.

So, it seems like you need to change your stem wall as required.

Before generating the auto storey pole dimension, open up the Auto Storey Pole Dimension default dbx.

Go to the Locate Elevations panel and make sure Elevation Reference is set to Grade Level Marker. Then, just above, you can set the height of the Grade Level Marker.

Or play around with these settings to get what you want.  

Doing what Glenn suggests I think you can easily make the Storey Pole look Correct

Are your Sketchup Objects referencing Floor Height or Absolute height though ?

IRL ( in real life) are you making the House 3ft higher or the basement 3 feet deeper though to get a 12ft basement?

It's not that hard to set level 1's absolute height to 36" and then reset level 2 to "default" height and so on up.... this would/could effect the sketchup objects though which is why I asked.....