Sub Basements

kgodric

Is there a way to build multiple sub basements into a design and have them show up in the floors list like S1, S2 or SB1, SB2 etc?

I get that some will want to question this.  Client wants it, code allows for it, so I am designing it.  I just need to know if there is a way to do it natively, via a hack, or some other trickery.  I can go to ACAD, but I prefer to use CA.

Thanks!!

If you draw your main floor and then Build the Foundation and then Insert a New Floor your Foundation will move to Level 1 and Main Floor to Level 2 and you should be able to do that several more times if necessary.  You will just need to label as required on floor plans.

You can't change Chief's hard coded floor designations. ie, Foundation, 1st Floor, 2nd Floor, Third Floor,......, Attic.

But just because a floor is named 1st or 2nd Floor doesn't mean it can't be used as a basement.

What is the "floors list" you refer to? The Project Browser?

If so, the client will never see this on the layout sheets.

The only time they could see this is if they were looking at Chief on your computer

This was more so I didn't have to mess with the landscaping to bring it up to meet the 3rd floor.  As these will be fully enclosed cellars rather than walkouts.  I never understood the need for having an exposed basement, other than to make it accessible to thieves.

15 minutes ago, Chopsaw said:

Terrain can be moved but you are correct there are times that it would be great to just set the elevation.  Chief is not quite that sophisticated yet unfortunately.

Can't we set the elevation of the terrain to anything we want?

I still don't 100% understand what is being requested or what the problem is.