johnstonpm

Hi.  I am new to CA and am trying to see all of my roof planes in the same view, both for editing and for layout.  The house I'm working on is basically a ranch style home with a steep pitch roof that has been dormered to a create second floor.  I drew the roof planes manually; first, the gable roofs on the first floor, and second, the dormer and shed roofs on the second floor.  Now, I would like to display them all in the same drawing for my layout sheets.  Any suggestions?  Did I draw my roof planes incorrectly?

Thanks in advance,

Pam

Without being able to see your plan file or layout file, no one can but guess what you should do other than read your users guide and Reference Manual. Posting a copy of your plan and layout file and some screen captures of what you are seeing versus what you want to see would go a long way towards anyone helping you. 

Welcome to the forum in any case.

DJP

If I understand your question correctly....You can move all the roof planes to the same floor level, or you can also do an orthographic view from the top of your project to show an ariel view of all the roof planes.

20 hours ago, johnstonpm said:

I have watched hours of tutorials on roofs and searched the blog and forum, but haven't come across what I'm looking for yet.  

I guess my question is, can I display information from two different floors in the layout?

You can use the Display Above or Below Tool on any Roof plane to force the display of all roof planes on Floor 2 on to floor 1 (or vica versa) , it doesn't shift the planes only their display to make them easier to work with.

there is a bit more info in the Ref. Manual on page 791 ...but not much... but it shows what the Tool Icons look like which should appear on the edit toolbar when a Roof Plane is selected.

M.

5 minutes ago, johnstonpm said:

Yes!  Perfect!  Thank you!

Your Welcome :)

Also, it's good to have your Forum Signature filled in, especially with the Software Version, and of course a real Name is nice too :) ..............

See mine below in Blue for how to do that.

If you don't see my Signature then you have them turned off for the Forum so you need to Toggle it on by going to the Upper RH Corner of this Forum Window and Clicking on your Username and making sure Signature are enabled (green) and then Add your Own Sig. too :

UserName> Account > Signatures

M.

On ‎8‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 1:54 PM, johnstonpm said:

I have watched hours of tutorials on roofs and searched the blog and forum, but haven't come across what I'm looking for yet.  

I guess my question is, can I display information from two different floors in the layout?

Learn to use reference sets for that.