create user catalog item from item in drawing

madcowscarnival

Situation: I created several linetypes for a drawing on my home computer (just plain dashed lines with labels).  On my office computer, I want to duplicate the linetype and modify for a new linetype. Though I can see the linetype in the drawing, it does not automatically populate library.  I thought there might be a simple "add to library" button but cannot find where that might be.  Is there a solution short of copying the linetypes from machine to machine?  I do access drawings from a server, but loaded libraries on separate machines.  Is it possible to point a User library to a different location (i.e. server) separately from the mfg, bonus, and core libraries?

The Core Libraries are in the Chief System Folder but the User Library is in the Chief Data Folder which you can move in Preferences>General>Folders,

so if it is keep on the Server or Dropbox etc then the User Library is there too in the Database Libraries Folder , most people would have the Data Folder in My Documents normally eg:

C:\Users\Username\Documents\Chief Architect Premier X10 Data\Database Libraries

Line types can be Imported via the File>Import>LineStyles Menu Item  but I think that is for importing line styles from AutoCad or Other CAD Programs as I see no way to Export Line Styles in Chief ( or import them from the Current Drawing) but if your new line Styles were saved to the User Library, the above maybe one method to access them from both computers .

I see a note in the Manual that User Line styles are NOT exported to/with DWG or DXF files so you may want to check into that further if that is a possibility.