Manage Active License

KilianDrafting

@chief58, the old versions on my locker are gone as well, X6 license.  However, the old computer that I have it active on still functions appropriately and seems to be an active license.  Guess I will make sure not to deactivate it ever (not that the computer ever gets used)..  I was actually surprised when I upgraded that they told me I would be free to use both licenses.  Seems like they are cleaning up their license process.

I don't always use the old lic. but occationally I have a client that I help that has an older version or one of the home designer software that I need to work with on an older version I have X5 thru X10 on mine that I use them only to help other clients 

Hadn't noticed this either but see all my old licenses are gone.... not quite sure how I switch to x8 or x9 etc onto my laptop or Surface3 if needed now....

It isn't showing X9 running on my desktop this morning but shows x10 running yesterday....

This is the kind of thing we should be sent an Email about........

Perhaps Dan can explain ?   @Dan_Park

• Upvote 1

As long as you have the older version installed on your computer(s) you should have no problem activating and using them.  The older deactivate/activate system still works.

Hopefully you've kept the old install program (preferably a backup on the cloud) that you downloaded back then.  That way, even if have a computer crash you can reinstall.

I have the SW downloads saved etc , so that is not an issue , but currently ( just tested) I cannot open x7 , x8, or x9 on my Surface 3 as there is no way to switch the activation online.... the only option is x10 and of course it is on the Desktop and I don't need to really switch it currently , nor do I want it on the Surface3 , it doesn't have the power to run it.

M.

2 hours ago, Kbird1 said:

I cannot open x7 , x8, or x9 on my Surface 3 as there is no way to switch the activation online

Really?  I am able to switch the activation of X8 - activate, deactivate & activate on another system.  I wonder why you can't - are you just missing the activation password?

We are aware that older versions that have been upgraded are no longer appearing due to a recent upgrade of the locker.

You should still be able to activate and deactivate upgraded versions from within the program.

We are investigating the issue.

Please contact technical support if you have issues that cannot be resolved.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Dan_Park said:

You should still be able to activate and deactivate upgraded versions from within the program.

That will mean having to work out which computer it was on and in my case hopefully not the Laptop that died and I had to send back a few weeks ago.....

I guess if I reinstall it I won't be able to activate it , so until this is fixed I can't use them ?

New Laptop is on the way , it should run X10 okay , but I use the Surface when I am onsite or working out of town and don't need the 3D stuff.....

M.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Renerabbitt said:

FYI in x10 under the help drop down menu is "manage license" which will deactivate the current license on that machine

Yep , unfortunately I can't access the Program to do that , I think I was testing them on my new Laptop ( which died ) but I wasn't concerned as I knew I could do it online , so someone posting this news about the Locker Change this morning had/has me worried, but it sounds like they are aware of it and luckily I can do without it for the next week I think.

It has unfortunately shown why I don't like being tied to a Online Only Security program / license , it is already enough of a Pita having to sign in and out of my Laptop or Desktop as I can't run both at the same time , last time this happened I was up the Coast with no internet access so I was stuck and couldn't use CA..... and CS wouldn't switch it over the Phone (landline) for me.

M.

3 hours ago, Joe_Carrick said:

As long as you have the older version installed on your computer(s) you should have no problem activating and using them.  The older deactivate/activate system still works.

Hopefully you've kept the old install program (preferably a backup on the cloud) that you downloaded back then.  That way, even if have a computer crash you can reinstall.

I have 7-20 on my PC so I am often activating and deactivating these between my desktop and laptop, so the website change did not bother me. Even though some of my active apps are no longer showing in my Locker they still work and switch just fine. When I reinstalled Old Version Seven, I did have to call Customer Service to get that done.

DJP

Just to double check it wasn't a Browser Issue or something I installed Fire Fox on my Surface3 but still the same issue in the Locker ....my older versions are not under the Account or the Dropdown Arrow, which I didn't notice before but I wasn't looking for a dropdown either as everything was on One page before

32 minutes ago, DavidJPotter said:

I have Firefox, Edge, Chrome and Opera on my PC and they all work exactly the same in terms of the Digital Locker.

DJP

Thanks , I was thinking it maybe a IE issue , not showing me something on the new Webpage but I guess not :(  needs a fix on their end it seems.

I am still using x9, even though I downloaded x10 to experiment with. Now I can't remotely deactivate the x9 license. What happens during beta testing on the next version? We lose the previous version's ability to deactivate remotely while Chief is still working out problems? THIS NEEDS TO BE CHANGED!!! Don't try to fix what isn't broken PLEASE!

On 8/27/2018 at 5:42 AM, KilianDrafting said:

I am still using x9, even though I downloaded x10 to experiment with. Now I can't remotely deactivate the x9 license. What happens during beta testing on the next version? We lose the previous version's ability to deactivate remotely while Chief is still working out problems? THIS NEEDS TO BE CHANGED!!! Don't try to fix what isn't broken PLEASE!

2 hours ago, Dan_Park said:

An option to show your upgraded licenses is now available.

locker.png

All Fixed Rich.....

Thanks Dan , the Checkbox is working for me to access my non current versions again.....one thought ...it would be nice if the checkbox was "sticky" if at all possible, thx.

M.