lowered soffits

Douglas49

I've been playing around and trying to work out how best to get a lowered soffit to the underside of the upper floor that cantilevers out over the lower floor - the level of the lowered soffit to line through with the soffit to the lower roof. I can deal with the walls by dragging the exterior walls down to the correct level.

The problem is how best to fill in the void created back to the lower level exterior wall?

I have tried that by using polyline solids, or the cabinet soffit tool, (not a great look but will do) however in floor level perspective views at level 1, the polyline solid is visible, which I don't want.

How can I get this polyline solid dropped soffit to 'display on the floor above'?

Or is there another way that people use?

Regards

lowered soffits.plan

Thanks for the replies.

I will work through those options shortly.

I've discovered that if I draw the polyline solid on level 2 and drop it down to the soffit rather than draw it on level 1 and raise it up to the soffit it works fine - the key is drawing the polyline solid on the level you want it to be on.

Eric, whats the issue with dragging the walls down a few mm - I understood manually editing wall heights was an acceptable practice?

Regards

17 minutes ago, solver said:

You are responsible for manually edited walls. The program will no longer change them automatically.

The Section Views may not look correct either as you are actually changing the Framing etc.

In this particular situation at least , I did what I see now Eric suggested too, and used a Room Divider and simply set the Floor structure to 430mm and locked the Floor top....the exterior Cladding will always build to the bottom of the floor platform by default so it looks good in most views.... you likely need to play with the framing ( i didn't in pics) especially if this is truly cantilevered? (no Posts)

Capture.thumb.JPG.962c7dd71e2722737eb617d98183fc0f.JPG