How to change stucco/ shake color without losing texture

BigKahuna

I may be crazy but I swear I used to be able to change the color of stucco using a client chosen color without changing / losing the stucco texture.  In X10 I seem to have lost that ability or am  just missing something.  I am doing a small addition / remodel to a house that is stucco and some shakes in the gables. They want to change the colors and have selected a color that I imported a jpeg from SW website since it doesn't show in online catalog. 

Whenever I try to apply that color I lose the stucco texture and its just a flat wall. Same goes for shakes in gable( if I don't choose the certainteed colors)  Am I missing a way to just apply color and keep the texture ?  Thanks in advance.

14 minutes ago, BigKahuna said:

I may be crazy but I swear I used to be able to change the color of stucco using a client chosen color without changing / losing the stucco texture.  In X10 I seem to have lost that ability or am  just missing something.  I am doing a small addition / remodel to a house that is stucco and some shakes in the gables. They want to change the colors and have selected a color that I imported a jpeg from SW website since it doesn't show in online catalog. 

Whenever I try to apply that color I lose the stucco texture and its just a flat wall. Same goes for shakes in gable( if I don't choose the certainteed colors)  Am I missing a way to just apply color and keep the texture ?  Thanks in advance.

You maybe able to get close by blending the Texture Colour with the Material Colour on the General Tab of the Stucco Material but I don't think you can use the SW Colour that way?

But doesn't Painting the wall , keep the Texture ?  ( painting exterior Walls is generally not recommended but maybe the only way in this case...)

*** painting it does work.....

M.