Tutorial Issues: Porch Steps (X10)

CAcygrymus

6 minutes ago, CAcygrymus said:

Wouldn't a patio be a foundationless slab?

Yes but you can/did draw foundation walls manually under it ....

On the Structure Tab make sure to uncheck monolithic slab foundation or the section view will look ugly...

Auto Porch foundations were an upgrade in X10 but I am not sure they work in all circumstances?

Just now, Kbird1 said:

Auto Porch foundations were an upgrade in X10 but I am not sure they work in all circumstances?

A couple screenshots early in the text appeared to be X9. I noticed the auto porch foundation box (unchecked), but figured the tutorial was just getting me up to speed with doing it manually.

1 hour ago, CAcygrymus said:

A couple screenshots early in the text appeared to be X9. I noticed the auto porch foundation box (unchecked), but figured the tutorial was just getting me up to speed with doing it manually.

Is it the Tutorial Guide you are working through?  or a specific Tutorial in the KB ? (Knowledge Base)

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/documentation.html

• 2 months later...

I too was working through the tutorial and discovered the same problem. I read through the post and I'm confused. I unchecked the pony wall option and the stairs created an opening, But when I convert to pony wall the opening does not extend through the top creating a square hole. what did you do to fix?

22 hours ago, Randino said:

I too was working through the tutorial and discovered the same problem. I read through the post and I'm confused. I unchecked the pony wall option and the stairs created an opening, But when I convert to pony wall the opening does not extend through the top creating a square hole. what did you do to fix?

Tech support were going to look into it, but hasn't been resolved. I simply changed it to a railing to get past the issue. Was unable to get it to work as described. Followed up via the contact I made previously via email but never got a response to see if it was resolved.

The railing make more sense. I've not seen a front porch with a half wall like the tutorial since the 1920's 1930's. I kept the ugly half wall and added an opening and adjusted the height of the opening.

OBTW started on the roof tutorial and it occurred to me the term Dutch Gable is  probably a slight to the Dutch.................... Dutch Date, Dutch Uncle, etc....

• 1 month later...