How do you create a custom door and door frame?

DenisonDrywall

I want to create a 6' door in a 7' door frame and the bottom door will be 6" from the floor and 6" from the top of the frame. It will be for a bathroom stall using real doors and walls instead of partitions.  How do i go about making this? it will look something like this:  Image result for BATHROOM STALLS THAT USE A REAL DOOR

Try a Doorway and a resized Door Slab from the Chief Library......

Also, it's good to have your Forum Signature filled in, especially with the Software Version, and of course a real Name is nice too :) ..............
See mine below in Blue for how to do that.

If you don't see my Signature then you have them turned off for the Forum so you need to Toggle it on by going to the Upper RH Corner of this Forum Window and Clicking on your Username and making sure Signature are enabled (green) and then Add your Own Sig. too :

UserName> Account > Signatures

M.

Create a Door Symbol with "Stretch Planes" as follows:

• x = 0 (this will allow the door to be adjusted in width without effecting the width of the stiles).
  • y = 1 (prevents thickness adjustment)
  • z = -1 (prevents height adjustment)

Set the 3D symbol origin to offset the door up from the floor, something like 10"

If your doorway specifies that door it should fit the way you want it in a taller opening.  Chief's Door Tool simply creates the desired "Doorway" and allows you to put a "Door" in that opening.  By using a "Door Symbol" you can control the size and vertical placement.

47 minutes ago, Kbird1 said:

Try a Doorway and a resized Door Slab from the Chief Library......

I thought for some reason that we had premade Door only symbols in the Library but it appears not .....

You can make a Door from a Polyline Solid though pretty easily or multiple PL Solids and convert it to a symbol.

Capture.thumb.JPG.c2f44aabf005c2ed3f1860740ede36b2.JPG

2 hours ago, Joe_Carrick said:

Create a Door Symbol with "Stretch Planes" as follows:

• x = 0 (this will allow the door to be adjusted in width without effecting the width of the stiles).
  • y = 1 (prevents thickness adjustment)
  • z = -1 (prevents height adjustment)

Set the 3D symbol origin to offset the door up from the floor, something like 10"

If your doorway specifies that door it should fit the way you want it in a taller opening.  Chief's Door Tool simply creates the desired "Doorway" and allows you to put a "Door" in that opening.  By using a "Door Symbol" you can control the size and vertical placement.

Thanks for the Stretch Plane Info Joe , I had a play around for my own practice and made these quick Cubicle Doors

MHD_Cubicle Doors_X10.calibz