wall intersection

conwaynorth1

27 minutes ago, conwaynorth1 said:

image.thumb.png.8766851d0d794baa1798a33a112c4edd.png

image.thumb.png.e8242cb994d18585a230e16a89eeb9a8.png

Why doe the right wall snap back when I drag the front wall over to meet it?

Possibly just turn off object snaps ?

Otherwise you should be able to drag the right wall

back out to its desired length. 

55 minutes ago, conwaynorth1 said:

image.thumb.png.8766851d0d794baa1798a33a112c4edd.png

image.thumb.png.e8242cb994d18585a230e16a89eeb9a8.png

Why doe the right wall snap back when I drag the front wall over to meet it?

This tends to happen if the Wall extends less than it's own width past the intersecting wall in my experience ( CA is sometimes too smart for it's own good )  and as Mike said the easy fix is to Break The Wall and reverse the short section.

Capture.thumb.JPG.5e528760b19a094c5afc420f3097ac7c.JPG

Also, it's good to have your Forum Signature filled in, especially with the Software Version, and of course a real Name is nice too :) ..............
See mine below in Blue for how to do that.

If you don't see my Signature then you have them turned off for the Forum so you need to Toggle it on by going to the Upper RH Corner of this Forum Window and Clicking on your Username and making sure Signature are enabled (green) and then Add your Own Sig. too :

UserName> Account > Signatures

M.

27 minutes ago, Ridge_Runner said:

Break the right wall about the center of the left wall. Click the small, lower wall on the right one and reverse it on the edit button so CA thinks it is a different wall. Then drag the left wall over; it should stick.

This should do it.

4 hours ago, Kbird1 said:

This tends to happen if the Wall extends less than it's own width past the intersecting wall in my experience ( CA is sometimes too smart for it's own good )  and as Mike said the easy fix is to Break The Wall and reverse the short section.

That' what I think now that I saw this in the help files under CONNECTING WALLS

When walls are drawn sufficiently close to one another, they will snap together to form an intersection.

This snapping occurs when the walls’ center lines are within a distance defined by the larger of the two walls’ widths and will occur even when Object Snaps are turned off. See Object Snaps.