Who are the top 10 Chief Architect User Experts?

DouglasC

What's your basis for "Top"?  $$ volume?  The number of plans produced? Design awards received?  Etc., etc., etc.

I would hazard a guess that most designers and architects don't define their aesthetic acumen by the toolset used.  So, do you wish to rephrase?  Be more specific. 

Chief Inc has no such official list of "top users" so anything else would be, by default opinion. I nominate Dan Bauman of Minnesota, USA, Glenn Woodward of Sydney, Australia. There are many others but perhaps we can create such a list here in this thread.

My Amended List:

Dan Baumann     Chiefexperts.com

Glen Woodward, Sydney, Austrailia

David Michael  of Chieftutor.com

Michael (Alaskan Sun) Wasilla, Alaska

Scott, D.S. Hall Architect of San Diego, CA.

Joe Carrick Architect San Diego, CA

Terry Munson USA   https://www.amazon.com/Residential-Design-Using-Chief-Architect/dp/0692135936/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1533862093&sr=1-1

Cheryl Crane  USA

Wendy Welton, Architect USA

Perry, Disneyland, CA., "where Pig's really fly". AKA "Drawzilla".

There are others but these people came to mind first

DJP

• Upvote 4

10 hours ago, Richard_Morrison said:

We don't see her here much anymore, but I would include Wendy Welton.

Wendy did a great tutorial Series a few years ago in the Tips Forum

https://chieftalk.chiefarchitect.com/topic/6824-annotation-sets-wendys-oob-mods-and-instructions/?tab=comments#comment-78326

https://chieftalk.chiefarchitect.com/topic/6468-stream-of-stuff-from-wendy/

@WendyatArtform

• Like 1

Alaskan Son & GlennW are the top in understanding the function of the program and the programing with in the software,,,,,,,,,, as far as understanding construction methods and actual building of a structure is another category all together. I have been building what I design in Chief since 1994 with version 2.0 so I understand construction methods and yet I see things on this forum that TERRIBLE in design criteria and they are skilled with Chief. It doesn't matter who is best because so many here with skills to help out others.

Honorable Mentions are too long to list but,,,,,, Chopsaw, Solver, Joe Carrick, Dshall,  Joey Martin, Wendy Welton, David Jefferson Potter,  Ridge Runner, K-Bird, Jcafee, Yusef  and many, many more. There are users world wide that are off the charts skilled!!!!! Join Facebook and join the Chief groups there and you will see how much talent and the capabilities of Chief.  

• Upvote 1

On 8/9/2018 at 4:05 PM, DavidJPotter said:

Chief Inc has no such official list of "top users" so anything else would be, by default opinion. I nominate Dan Bauman of Minnesota, USA, Glenn Woodward of Sydney, Australia. There are many others but perhaps we can create such a list here in this thread.

My Amended List:

Dan Baumann     Chiefexperts.com

Glen Woodward, Sydney, Austrailia

David Michael  of Chieftutor.com

Michael (Alaskan Sun) Wasilla, Alaska

Scott, D.S. Hall Architect of San Diego, CA.

Joe Carrick Architect San Diego, CA

Terry Munson USA   https://www.amazon.com/Residential-Design-Using-Chief-Architect/dp/0692135936/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1533862093&sr=1-1

Cheryl Crane  USA

Wendy Welton, Architect USA

Perry, Disneyland, CA., "where Pig's really fly". AKA "Drawzilla".

There are others but these people came to mind first

DJP

Thank you so much for this list. Really a great resource. Although I have been using the program for some time (4+ years) I want to know more. I want to really know how to use the program so we can improve our production time. 

So again, Thank you. I see some on this list who are in my area so I will try to reach out to them for some instruction. 

Solver - roof king

Alaskan son - a pros pro, great at manipulating CA

Scott DS Hall - great at pooling resources

Joe Carrick - Macro macro man

Richard Morrison - code compliance, construction methods. 

Dan, Perry and Glen as mentioned - overall knowldege

MarkMC- the cabinet king

Thekitchenabode-raytracing and PBR knowledge base

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...
On ‎8‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 12:40 AM, Richard_Morrison said:

We don't see her here much anymore, but I would include Wendy Welton.

Why thank you dahlink.  yeah, I've become less of an innerweb person, started painting etc.  But every once in awhile somebody pokes me and I come back here for a bit.  Then I see squirrels and shiny things and wander off again.